8.

Nova.
The Beach.

"All I'm saying is if he wanted a piece of me, he should of said something. Boy was just staring like, please get out my face sir" Mila said making both her and Nova break out into laughter.

Both girls were currently sitting on towels on the beach under a big umbrella. Mila had suggested that the group should have a beach day, Amir and Kam were a few feet away from them tossing around the football with a couple other boys who were around.

"Sooo.." Mila dragged out, Nova looked over at her questionably.

"Yeaaa?" she asked, eating some fruit from the bowl that she bought.

"How are you and my brother!?" she asked excitedly, causing Nova to shyly smile at her. This only got Mila more riled up, making Nova laugh.

"We're good.. well we are amazing actually." she said, glancing at her boyfriend. It had been three weeks since they officially started dating and Nova almost couldn't believe the amount of happiness that he bought her.

Amir and her class schedules were not too crazy during the week but they did both have jobs and other obligations that they had to work around. But they faithfully had their morning calls, went to lunch together everyday, and spent the majority of their nights together- even though they have yet to spend the night over at one of their places. The weekends were full of small dates, wether it be bowling, laser tagging, poetry slams, or cuddling on the couch watching all the Harry Potter movies- Nova enjoyed spending time with him and getting to know him on a deeper level.

She dreamily sighed, watching Amir throwing the football and how his muscles constricted and flexed, the man was a work of art okay?

Amir felt someone watching him, so he looked towards his girlfriend and low and behold her eyes were trained on him, he gave her a bright smile and a wink before running to finish the game.

"Girl, look at you blushing. That man got you head over heels for him." Mila said watching as Nova drooled over her man.

"He is just," she sighed, " How is it that I'm just meeting him? Where have you been hiding him?" she asked with a laugh.

"That boy hides himself. It took me a while to convince him to even move out here for college" she reached over and stole a piece of fruit out Nova's bowl. Her comment made Nova think-  they never talked too much about his hometown and his childhood, she thought she knew so much about her boyfriend but they still haven't touched the deep stuff yet.

"Are you kidding me Kam!?" Mila's screech pulled Nova out her head, she looked and saw Mila's legs covered in sand, clearly Kam was the culprit as he laughed hysterically with his hands on his stomach.

His face quickly changed once Mila got up to chase him down. Her absence caused Amir to take her place, placing a kiss on Nova's lips before laying back with his head in her lap since she was sitting with her legs crossed.

Another thing that she loved about him was that he was always wanting to be near her and touching her. Running her hands on his cheeks she fed him so fruit as he closed his eyes briefly just basking in her presence.

"You tired boo?" she asked him

"Lil bit, I'm getting old mamas. Can't keep up with the kids like I used to" he said making her laugh.

"You'll be alright old man, we should be leaving soon anyways. I know y'all hungry." They had been at the beach all afternoon and had plans to go back to Kam and Amir's apartment to make dinner and watch movies. The sun looked like it was about to set on them as they were talking. Looking off to where Mila went she saw her and Kam in the water close to the shore. They were standing close while Kam used his hands to to clean the sand off her thighs, while Mila stood with her arms crossed with a faux attitude.