14.

Mila
Abbottsford Hospital

"Yes, she's got a few more days in here before she will back on that soccer field in no time." She said sweetly to one of her patients and her family.

The family thanked her s she walked to the nurses station to turn in her write ups on her. Last patient for the night. It was close to midnight and even though she had been on her feet for eight hours, it felt like a full day.

It's been a few days since Amir had his panic attack and the group of friends had been together staying at the boy's apartment.

Movie nights with making homemade pizza, drunk bowling, and even a spa day. The boys refused that  spa day for a solid forty minutes before they were told they could smoke while doing face masks, so they caved.

She watched Amir closely, trying not to be overbearing, but wanting to make sure that his mind was calm. Usually, he would be anxious or on edge, stuttering his words or not speaking at all, closing himself off to everybody, barely engaging with his own feelings. But, this was different and she was sure that was because of Nova.

Mila watched as Kam couldn't bowl his ball because he drank a little too much and Amir kept cackling at him every time he stumbled. How he cried at the end of Fast and Furious 7 in Paul Walker's last scene and how his smile spread across his face while giving Nova a congratulatory kiss when she won Monopoly for the second time straight.

She smiled at the thought of Amir being happy and only wished that the same type of love could come into her life.

When the thought of love crossed her mind, she immediately saw a picture of Kam in her mind, making her eyes roll.

Kam had always managed to make her feel weak in the knees, had her heart racing, and palms sweaty. Mila always believed that this made Kam dangerous because he had a control over her.

That was always Mila's fear- to let her want for love, to let her feelings towards another, be ammunition to control her.

Driving home, her thoughts were all jumbled. Mila knew Kam was a good person- hell an amazing person, but she could not shake the fear of heartbreak. Not again.

After taking a long shower, eating, and watching ten minutes of Criminal Minds, she decided too bite the bullet and call Kam. It was going on two in the morning but she knew he would answer. He always did.

"Bubbles.. you just get off?" He said in a deep voice, indicating that he just woke up.

She rolled his eyes at the nickname but smiling slightly. He started calling her that because of the fact that he knew just the right thing to do or say to burst her bubble and get on her nerves.

"Let that name go" she laughed. "But yes, I got off at twelve."

"It's almost two, why you aint text me when you got home?" He questioned.

Mila closed her eyes with a small pout on her face at how sweet and caring he could be sometimes, it made her want to cry.

"Sorry, I was just in my head...I forgot."

"Mhmm, don't be forgetting or I'm going to have to start picking you up.

"Oh no, don't do that" she said sarcastically, making him laugh.

"Kam?" She said after a second or two.

"Yea?"

"I-" she started but couldn't seem to talk, the words caught in her throat.

"You alright Mila? Talk to me." He said in that deep voice that she loved.

"I just.. I'm really happy to have you in my life." She said in a voice just above a whisper.