3.

Nova Skye Baker.
October 16
5:45 p.m

Nova's hand cramped up as she was writing out her outline for a paper she had due the next week. She had been sitting in the library going on three hours now but she had no plans of moving. Sitting in her usual back corner she concentrated on what her next thought would be. She had a ten page research paper due on dwarf galaxies that was due next week. Dropping her pen out of her hand in frustration she rubbed her hands together attempting to soothe her aching joints.

Ever since Nova was little she loved to write, poetry, newspaper articles, music and movie reviews, short stories, and even research papers. When she got assignments that were supposed to be typed, she hand wrote them first. It was just something about the direct connection from the brain, to the pencil, to the paper , that she couldn't turn her back on.

Nova glanced around the library from her corner while taking a big sip of water from her water bottle. She watched as one of the librarians was eyeing some students as they were surrounding the lounge area talking , quickly increasing their volume by the minute. I never understood why people went somewhere where you were meant to be quiet, just to be loud. All that space and opportunity in the world you want to disrupt the sacredness of a library.

Heathens.

All of Nova's life she had been in love with learning. Her father was a distinguished astrophysicist who conducts research at the NASA lab here in the city. If you can't tell, Nova's father is her hero and her best friend. Being the first born bought nothing but happiness into her father's life, the moment he laid eyes on her he knew he needed to teach Nova his life's work. And he did. Growing up he would take Nova to the roof and look at all the constellations with his telescope and read her stories about people living on the moon until she fell asleep. She was listening to podcasts about black matter and energy by the time she was 12. Sneaking out past curfew to go to find the best views in the city to look at the moon by 15. Her favorite spot, the beach. Needless to say that Nova fell in love with the stars.

Nova found herself laughing as the librarian was yelling at the group of kids telling them to go get a job as she ushered them out the door. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed someone at one of the bookshelves close to the door but still in her line of sight. She immediately noticed the tall chocolate man and his long dark brown locs that were pulled back in a bun on his head. He wore some grey Nike sweatshorts along with a simple white tee with two small gold chains and some Nike shoes that Nova didn't recognize the name of.

She watched as he bought his hand up to his face and ran it through his small beard while looking down intensely at the book he pulled from the shelf.

Nova couldn't believe she was so openly staring at some guy she just formally met yesterday.

To be honest, Nova saw Amir staring at her at the party last weekend. She felt his gaze while she was dancing and it looked as if he was staring into her soul as he watched her. It wasn't a weird feeling that he gave off either, it was almost.. comforting?

Then when she saw him yesterday.. & the pull towards him almost seemed impossible to deny. Nova had only had an attraction to one other person in her life and it had never felt anything like this before. It only sparked Nova's curiosity and if it was one thing about Nova it was that she had to know everything about everything once her interest was peaked.

Not wanting to waste another second she quickly stuffed her things in her decorated backpack and walked over to Amir.

She suddenly found herself extremely nervous as her heart picked up it's pace. Clenching the strap of her backpack almost impossibly tight , Hi back was to her now and she reached up to tap on his shoulder to get his attention.