Chapter 10

There is some slight triggers so I'm sorry if that upsets people, I'm just talking about my character's backstory. Please read with caution.

Atreus' body was carried to Valhalla in the arms of his brother. Loki laid him down on a slab as Freydis walked towards him, stricken with grief. She crouched down next to his body and hugged him. A red flash appeared and was replaced by Kratos. He was holding a small box and had tears in his eyes. He walked to his sons and said to Loki, "Atreus. Or do you prefer the name your mother gave you, Loki." Loki hugged his father as memories of them fighting together flashed through his mind. Kratos looked down at Freydis, "hello. I believe you were the one dating my son. I am sorry for your loss. He was driven by vengeance and that led him down the wrong path. He deserved happiness. You gave him and for that I am grateful. Please step back." Kratos took her place next to his son and opened the box in his hands. As others looked at what was inside, they saw the Blades of Chaos. Kratos wrapped the chains around his son's wrists and placed the handles in his hands. As he stood up, Freydis gasped and pointed at the blades, they were flaming. And before anyone could do anything, Atreus' body burst into flames. Freydis looked into the flames and saw Atreus' eyes snap open, showing his multicolored irises. From the flames, a shirtless Atreus stood up holding the Blades. He locked eyes with Freydis, who had a surprised yet happy expression. Atreus suddenly screamed out in pain as the chains on his forearms suddenly glowed a fiery orange and started to sink into his skin. He couldn't drop the blades nor take off the chains. The chains finished sinking into his skin and he dropped the blades as Freydis ran into his arms and kissed him.

He walked over and hugged his father before turning to Loki and saying, "thank you for supporting me brother." They hugged as Ragnar and his sons approached Atreus, "I am glad to see you are well Atreus." Atreus hugged them all before going back to Freydis and asking Heimdall to send them back to Midgard. Unfortunately, they didn't land as close to Camp Half Blood as they had liked so they walked with Atreus' arm was around her shoulder. "Before you ask, I don't know how I'm alive." Then Freydis suddenly said "why are you on that missing poster?" They looked closer and saw a picture of 14 year old Atreus on a missing poster. "That number is my former foster family's. The one I ran away from." A voice called, "Atreus, is that you?" Atreus' face paled as his eyes widened and slowly turned around to see his foster parents. His face took a look of rage but Freydis looked confused as the couple looked sweet and nice. "Hello Catherine and Dave," he said with venom. "We've been looking for you since you left." "Clearly." "We just wanted to bring you home." Atreus' face looking even more angry when she said that. "Home? Is home a place where the supposed mother allows her husband to lock a child in the attic? Before I went to your house, I lived on the streets until I was three. I was rescued and thought my own flesh and blood didn't want me, then I lived with you. You beat me constantly, every single one of you!" They flinched when he yelled the last part and Freydis seemed taken aback before he continued, "you knew what happened but you didn't even think to ask if I was okay. Of course I wasn't ok! I then grew up thinking my family hated me so much they beat me. And then to learn that we weren't family and that you did it to some random kid in your care just because you could. Look at the scars on my body," he tore off his shirt as he said this. "You did this! And your kids stood by and watched you lock me in a closet just because I misbehaved. Do have any idea what that does to someone? And then I find out you're a legacy and knew of my heritage. You knew I had a family and didn't take me to camp. I had to wait for a hellhound to try and kill me. Now my real mother is dead and my own brother betrayed me. You beat me. You beat, whipped and stabbed me mercilessly, everyday for eleven years! You could have been there for me if you tried, there were moments when all you had to do was be my parents and even then you hated me. I want to know why you did all of this to me." At this point, tears were streaming down his face and Freydis' look of shock turned to anger. The couple were frozen in shock before they answered, "I don't know, we just did." "Not good enough," Atreus said before grabbing his phone and dialing 911, "hello, I would like to report Dave and Catherine Smith for child abuse and endangerment, thank you. Have a good day."

Minutes later the police arrived and arrested them before Freydis hugged Atreus tighter than she ever had as he cried. "Hey it's ok. I'm proud of you for doing that." "Now that you know-." Freydis cut him of. "I don't care. I will never judge you for past when my step mother did the same to me. I have been nervous to say this even though we've been together for so long. I love you, Atreus Kratosson, and I always will." They smiled to each other. "I love you too, Freydis Freyjasdottir, I swear on my sacred arm ring that I will always love you." They kissed passionately before walking the rest of the way to camp.

I told you this would be short, I'm sorry but I will make the others the normal length. Again I'm sorry about the mention of abuse but it was just for the character. Vote, comment, tell others. Happy holidays and stay safe.