Chapter 18

Almost the entire chapter will be the battle, sorry if it's not that good, I don't really know how to write battles. Sorry if it's short.

Everything appeared to be in slow motion. Thousands of monsters, Greek and Norse, ran at the shield wall. Crashing into the shields, the monsters tried to break their lines. Atreus continued to brace when he gave the signal to his Jotnar general. Looking over to the trees, he saw the Giants run towards the monsters and attacked them. The Jotnar under Atreus' command outnumbered the Jotnar in Hel's army. This distraction allowed the front line to push the monsters back. "Charge!" Atreus yelled. All archers flanked to the sides with the Giants, they broke their shield wall as the demigods dispersed into the battle. Atreus' red tattoos appeared on his body, his axe and the Blades of Chaos hung from his belt. He slashed at an approaching hell hound, cutting it in half, before stabbing a draugr. His sword harnessed his power of lightning and he shot a bolt of it through their numbers, disintegrating them. Freydis fought fiercely, remembering her lessons from Lagertha in Valhalla. She saw Atreus across the field, he was fighting with a deadly brutality she hasn't seen often. He gripped the Blades of Chaos before swinging them around, slicing through many monsters. The blades glowed with fire as he fought.

Minutes later, most of the monsters were gone but many campers were injured. The Einherjar were forced to return to Valhalla and the Jotnar on both sides retreated. But Atreus didn't stop fighting. He jumped high into the air, holding his axe, his shield long forgotten and broken. Bringing it down onto the ground, a blast of Frost swept across the field. Seeing Atreus approaching, Hel slammed her staff into the ground. A golden dome formed around the battlefield, separated Atreus from the other campers. Trapped with Hel and her monsters, Atreus looked back at Freydis slamming her hands on the force field. Blood and gold dust littered his body and face. A monster ran at him and slashed his arm, which started bleeding, before pushing him down and slashing at his back. The fabric of his tunic was stained with his blood as the monster ran away and Atreus stood up. He yelled out in pain as an arrow struck the back of his knee, forcing him to drop down on it. The arrows were made of Svartalfheim steel, one of the only things that can penetrate his Iron skin. Another arrow hit his left shoulder, followed by one to his right. And then a final one struck his stomach. The force behind them knocked him to the ground. Freydis yelled to him as she was forced to fight the monsters outside the barrier. Atreus stared up at the sky as ravens flew above him. Hel smirked as she thought she had won. But Atreus used his sword to push himself up onto his knees. Hel looked at the archers around her as they drew back their arrows.

As this was happening, Kratos was on Olympus yelling "my son is dying for you and you are doing nothing!" Athena tried to say "Kratos, calm d-." "Don't tell me to calm down Athena!" Suddenly an old man with one eye and a tall, muscular man appeared in front of the gods. Zeus said "who are you to stand in front of us?" "Silence Zeus," Kratos said before walking to the old man, "Allfather, Thor." "It's time Kratos." "What? I thought he had more time." "He does not. Your son must face his niece." Athena suddenly spoke "but gods cannot take part in conflicts." "In major battles, yes. But a demigod can challenge a god to single combat. Which is what Atreus must do. When he was on Valhalla, I received a prophecy from the Norns. 'Hel's Ragnarok shall come to pass, unless the Blood of Mythology fights his kin.' It is time for Atreus to fulfill his destiny that has awaited him since his birth." Suddenly Odin vanished and Thor started an IM of the battlefield.

Odin appeared before Atreus. "Allfather, is it time?" Odin smiled sadly "yes. I am with you, so is your father and all of your ancestors. You know what you have to do. Do it for Freydis and your future with her. I know what you saw. Be strong for her and your nephew, who feasts and drinks in my Hall. It is not your time yet." Odin placed his hand on Atreus' face whose eyes adapted to show thin lines of a deep, raven black. The arrows in Atreus' chest and knee turned to ash as Odin disappeared. Hel's archers released their arrows. Atreus looked up to see thousands of arrows heading towards him. Freydis yelled out for what she believed was his inevitable death. But the arrows turned to ash. She looked at Atreus to see electricity, fire and ice surround his body. He stood up, all of his wounds healed, and stalked towards Hel. A massive blast of fire was sent his way, he bent down on one knee and stuck his left hand forward, his right hand clutching his sword. The fire hit his hand and engulfed him in it's flames. Hel smirked, only for Atreus to stand up, covered in the burnt remain of his shirt before he tore it off. "HEL!" he yelled loudly as thunder rumbled and ravens cawed, "I challenge you to single combat! If you refuse, I curse you with weakness so you may never be able to attack Asgard." Her eyes widened, having learned of his prophecy from Loki. "I accept." Loki turned to his daughter in surprise, but she ignored him and walked towards her uncle. The barrier shortened so it only enclosed Hel and Atreus. Atreus looked back at Freydis, who nodded. He turned forward to face the biggest fight of his life.

I really hope you liked it. It will continue in the next chapter. Sorry that it is so short, I would continue it but I wanted to end it there. Sorry for the wait. Thank you for over 600 reads. I could not be happier that people actually like what I write. Vote, comment, tell others. Stay safe.