Chapter 19

Atreus stood, sword in hand. Eyes and tattoos glowing in rage. All of his pain was devised by the goddess in front of him. The watching demigods thought it wasn't a fair fight. The Goddess of Death against a teenaged demigod. Her partially skeletal face showed no emotion, but in her eyes Atreus saw fear. She had seen his father fight and saw him fight. She stared deep into his multicolored eyes. Taking in the golden yellow, blood red, fiery orange, icy blue, raven black and electric blue, she saw his determination. Her staff was made of Niflheim Gold, making his Ironside useless.

Hel ran at him, her staff held above her head. She swung it down on him. Atreus crouched down and raised his left arm, when a shield of gold suddenly materialized on his arm, protecting him from her attack. He rolled out of the way and slashed at her legs. Crying out in pain, Hel looked down to see Ichor dripping from her leg. Swinging her staff in retaliation, it hit his left shoulder, drawing blood. Everyone stopped. Their eyes stuck on Atreus' shoulder, more specifically the blood on it. The crimson liquid blended with his red tattoos but there was more. His blood was light blue, bright green, golden, orange, black and red. Freydis gasped. Zoe looked at her and asked "What is wrong with his blood?" "Nothing is wrong. The red is his mortal side. Green is Vanir. Blue is Jotnar. Orange is Fire Giant. Black is his Animal side. And Gold is God. But it means all of the Gods. He is the Blood of Mythology. He is descended from almost every single mythical creature." "How?" "His father has killed almost every monster and god, his mother is descended from Thor, Giants and Vanir. Kratos absorbed all of their energy and life force, that life force passed into Atreus and it became a part of him."

While they were talking, Hel stumbled back in surprise. The cut healed itself as Atreus stood up. Taking her surprise as an advantage, he slashed her across the stomach, causing Ichor to pool out of her. Loki's eyes widened as he watched, but he knew he couldn't interfere. Hel's face turned to rage as she thrust her hand forward. Atreus screamed out in pain as Hel used her magic to repeatedly break his bones. Due to his new fast healing, his bones healed and then broke over and over. Atreus slammed his hand on the ground releasing a blast of ice that distracted her long enough for him to heal properly. He quickly glanced at Freydis before muttering "I'm sorry." She knew what he was going to do and that he had to. Atreus entered his Spartan Rage letting out a battle cry. He jumped up and slammed down on the ground, knocking Hel back. He ran at her and punched her many times. The force caused her to bleed and her Ichor soaked his hands and face. After all his energy was spent on Spartan Rage, Atreus summoned his axe and raised it above his head. He looked down at his niece's bloody and beaten face, he then looked up and saw Freydis looking at him. He paused and lowered his axe. "Today does not have to end in bloodshed. Why?! Why must we fight? No one else needs to die. I will not spill the blood of my family. You have lost. Leave this place." Atreus said. He turned to leave as the barrier disappeared. He faced the campers and his friends, smiling. But suddenly a sword was stabbed through his torso. He collapsed to the ground, revealing Hel behind him.

Hel smirked at the remaining demigods "This is your best. Your finest, strongest demigod. Your hero. This is all you can throw at me. Pathetic! You can't defeat me. I am a Goddess." A sword suddenly decapitated her. As her headless body fell to the ground, they saw Atreus holding his sword in one hand while the other was clutching his bleeding stomach. All monsters suddenly stopped fighting and bowed in the direction of Atreus, whose wound had healed. Odin suddenly appeared next to him holding a sword and said to him but most could hear him "You are King Atreus. King of Heroes, Helheim, Jotunnheim and Monsters. This is the Sword of Kings, it now belongs to you. Hail King Atreus!" He yelled the last part and all others in the area repeated it. Atreus took the sword by it's gold handle and raised it in front of him. Reading the runes carved into the shining blade, he saw it said 'Sword of Kings'. Freydis walked up to him and hugged him. "It's all over. We can have happiness, My Little Valkyrie." He said while smiling to her. She leaned up and kissed him before saying "Yes, we can. We can live our lives." They looked out at the monsters and demigods in the field and smiled.

Atreus and Freydis walked hand in hand after their graduation. Two people walked up to them, Freyja and Kratos. Many people stared at the pure beauty of Freyja and the height and muscle of Kratos. Atreus looked at his only slightly taller father, and hugged him. "Hello father. I am glad you are here." "I wouldn't miss it, King Ironaxe." Atreus groaned as Freydis laughed. She said "Well, I think it's time to get the king back to his kingdom while we wait for college. Luckily Charles and Zoe helped us study so we were able to get into NYU." "Well we wish you the best of luck, King and future Queen." They walked away and got in their car. Atreus drove past the road to Camp, Freydis looked confused and asked "Where are we going?" "Home," he simply said. After a few minutes, they got out of the car and walked towards a small house. "This is our house. Thor bought it for us. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I thought this could be our house while we are in college and are getting jobs. It's okay if you don-" Freydis cut him off by kissing him. "I love it." She led him into the house, excited to start their lives. As they entered, Atreus shoved his hand into his pocket, clutching a small, velvet box.

A few months into living in their new house, Atreus led Freydis to their small backyard. He turned to face her, holding her hands. "Freydis, while we have technically only known each other for 4 years, we have faced challenge after challenge. We fell into Hel together, we fought side by side for basically 125 years. I love you, more than anything ever. You have been my friend, girlfriend, soulmate. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know for a fact your mother approves of us." He got down on one knee and pulled out a small box. Freydis gasped as she cried tears of happiness. "Freydis Freyjasdottir, My Little Valkyrie, Will You Marry Me?" He opened the box to reveal a silver band with a green crystal like her eyes. "Yes! Yes yes yes yes! Atreus Ironaxe, I will marry you." She smiled widely as he slipped the ring onto her finger. "I love you." "I love you too." Both of them were excited to spend the rest of their lives together.

End of Book One.

And it's done! I am so happy that I actually completed this and that people read it. Like I said I will write a sequel. Sorry if you didn't like the ending, it will continue. But that will take awhile. I am going to start a new series, I have taken inspiration from many places. I will try to make the books long, like I have planned them to be. I am very excited. I hope you liked it, Atreus and Freydis will return after a time skip. The new book I am writing is a superhero book. Vote, Comment, tell others, wait for the next books. Stay safe.

Writer Out!