Chapter 5

Thanks to everyone who has read my book, on with the quest.

"What do you know about this place?" James asked as they neared the entrance. Atreus replied, "Not much." He was scared that they wouldn't be able to do it, that they would die. Atreus pushed those thoughts out of his head. They arrived. He summoned his sword, ready for a fight as the others did the same. A Hellhound suddenly jumped from the mouth of the cave but was impaled on Atreus' blade. Red tattoos appeared on his body. As they entered, they felt the heat coming from deeper in the cave.

They came across a massive chamber and saw legions of monsters, both Greek and Norse. But there was one in the center of the chamber that caught their eye, Zoe recognized it as the Draugr King. He then looked past it and saw the Leviathan Axe chained to a wall. "Well what do we have here?" the King asked in a monstrous voice. "You know why we're here draugr. I challenge you to single combat for my father's axe." Zoe and all the Norse monsters looked shocked. Bianca was confused, "Zoe, what does that mean?" "It means a one on one fight to the death. If he declines, he will lose his honor." The King yelled, "no one has challenged me for centuries but I accept." Zoe walked over to Atreus, "what are you doing? He will kill you and then kill us! You are being stupid." "I know I am. But this is the only way."

Atreus removed his shirt as the monsters formed a circle around the fighters. He pulled out his sword as they handed him a shield. "Are you prepared to die, son of Kratos?" "No. I have a lot of things to do. So can you not kill me?" "Foolish demigod." He charged at the king, slashing with his sword. The king ducked at sliced his arm. Atreus swung ferociously but the king dodged them all. After a minute, Atreus had scratches and scars along his arms, legs and back. His shield was destroyed and Zoe had a worried look on her face. Atreus was brought to his knees. The king spoke, "Be proud. You made it farther then most. Now go to Valhalla." He stabbed his sword through Atreus' chest, who sunk to the ground. Zoe yelled in sadness with tears spilling out of her eyes.

Atreus knew he failed. "Thor. Help me. Give me strength. I need to protect my friends," he whispered, hoping his grandfather heard his prayer. Thunder rumbled out side the cave. Then a huge lightning bolt struck Atreus' body. He rose to his feet with a new sense of strength and understanding. "How are you alive? Kill him!" The king shrieked. Monsters charged at him yet he remained calm and sliced through them with fury and rage. Hermaður had electricity surging off of it. Atreus used his new powers to call lightning while he fought. He dodged and blocked all attacks while destroying the monsters. Once all of them were dead, he stood there, his eyes glowing electric blue, unharmed. With godly speed, he ran forward and separated the King's head from his body with a mighty war cry. The last monsters that his friends fought had died.

Zoe, Sammy, Bianca and James were stunned at what happened. Atreus strolled to the axe. He yanked it from the chains. When he did, all fire and heat were replaced with a freezing cold as a layer of ice coated the blade of the Leviathan Axe. The electric blue glow vanished and in its place was an icy blue glow. Atreus stared at the weapon in his hand. "You have done well son. But the journey is far from over," his father's voice spoke in his head. "Your father is right but you should put a shirt on." Their eyes all snapped to the voice. They saw a tall woman with long blonde hair and thunderous grey mixed with lightning blue eyes, in Norse armor. "Mother," Atreus said and ran forward hugging her. "I guess Kratos showed you what I look like. I missed you. I'm sorry but we must go to Valhalla to train you for what is to come. I know you have made friends so I will let you say goodbye." Atreus walked over to them, "I know this is unexpected but this something I must do. Tell Chiron and your parents what happened." He hugged each of them but when he got to Zoe, she leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. Atreus froze. She said, "for good luck and don't die. I'll miss you." "I'll send you back to camp." With a loud thunder, they appeared in the arena at Camp Half Blood. Atreus' mother said to him, "don't worry you will see them again in two years." "WHAT?! I didn't agree to that." "Too late." "No. Wait, you BIT-." He was cut off as Heimdall sent them to Valhalla. 

I will either do a montage or time skip for his stay in Valhalla. Thank you to my readers. Vote, comment, tell others. Be safe.