07 - SOMETHING ELSE

07 - SOMETHING ELSE

Floyd Addington didn't like suits especially after the many years of having to attend events for his personal and educational life. He knew his size perfectly for suits, the shoulder measurements, the pant type that fits him, what kind of patterns and colors work well with his look. 

Floyd had a lot of suits, most of them were at his mother's house but the few that he had taken with him were basic enough that he didn't have to buy a new one for this random wedding that he couldn't figure out why he was invited to. The glee club's thing was to be a family type but in his opinion, this seemed a little weird especially having to perform.

Even so, he got out his basic black suit and typical white dress shirt, then headed off to a wedding for people he has never met. Floyd didn't have any issues with Kurt or Finn, he just didn't really know them or ever talk to them in a friendship type of way. Floyd made his time open for those who liked listening to him, not making it about themselves.

Floyd arrived amongst the first thanks to his godfather offering to set up and help before the wedding. Usually, he would drive himself but Floyd was already up early and wanted to get this all over with. Will took off to meet with Kurt's father as Floyd took it upon himself to explore the venue.

The venue was cute but some parts of the place made Floyd cringe, like the green carpet and the fact that it felt like a dome. Maybe the venue wasn't as cute especially with the use of wood all over the place, Floyd knew he would never want to get married in such a sad setting.

"Churches make me uncomfortable."

Santana stood behind Floyd with an obvious grimace on her face, his and her thoughts were the same as how they felt about the area. Santana couldn't stand the church setting and didn't like the look of the colors, it felt too closed off in her eyes.

"Churches are just creepy," Floyd responded taking in the multiple kinds of wood used to keep up the ceiling, the woods worked well together but the blocks and where they were placed looked sloppy. The dome setting just couldn't do the wood any justice, maybe if in a different room it would've looked better, nicer on the eyes.

Floyd wasn't a religious guy, he didn't have much of an opinion on beliefs or what to stand by. He believed in having morals and having a core system of what is right and wrong but besides that, he didn't have much to believe in. He did, however, respect the multiple religions in the world and those who truly put time into them.

"I can't imagine myself ever getting married," Santana confessed, now next to Floyd, their height difference almost being laughable but their stances held the same protectiveness.

"It's all about finding the right person, the one person who will make you want a long future with them, someone you can't imagine living without. Weddings are a beautiful event but I think it's what's left for the couple that makes them better." Floyd explained, eyes not giving away any emotions but Santana knew.

"Whoever will marry you one day will be truly blessed, I don't know if you'll ever meet someone who is as great as you though." 

"You never know, Tana, you never know."

What Floyd truly didn't know was how this entire performance was meant to go, they have rehearsed it a few times but never enough to be experts. As usual, Floyd didn't have any big singing parts except for his shared part with Santana as he offered to walk her down the aisle leaving Puck alone.