01 - NEW SCHOOL ISN'T FUN OR COOL

Floyd didn't want to be in Lima, Ohio but he was stuck there until something miraculous happened like his mom coming back for him. His summer was spent packing, unpacking, and bonding with William Schuester who always spoke about some ginger named Emma.

When school came around, Floyd was rushing to the store to get prepared, he couldn't handle being with William every single day.

"Are you excited to start school?" William asked over dinner which was only pizza that made Floyd feel really sad, if William asked, the boy would have made the perfect dinner for them.

"Of course, I've missed awful food and hypocritical teenagers," Floyd stated with a completely straight face that would have affected William if he didn't know Floyd's crude humor and tone.

William just looked up with a slight smile even though the boy across from him remained emotionless, secretly William was glad to have Floyd with him especially since the empty apartment really messed with him. Floyd was just glad he wasn't in Europe or homeless.

"Any clubs or sports you plan to join?" William knew all about the gifted school that Floyd once attended, the older man was hoping that he would consider the New Directions.

"Anything that keeps my legs going." Floyd was secretly thinking about joining the cheerleading squad or dance team, he didn't go to dance school for nothing.

The dinner remained silent after that short conversation between the two, once Floyd finished his meal he patiently waited for William to finish as well. His table manners always shining through which would have made his mom happy if she was there.

William didn't have the chance to help with the table due to Floyd grabbing all the dishes and making his way to the sink where he quickly did every dish. Sometimes William wished that Floyd wasn't so trained and perfect.

"I'll be in the guest room if you need me," Floyd mumbled, already walking towards the guest room where he was residing. William nearly corrected him but it was too late because the guest room door was already closed creating a barrier between them.

The guest room was pretty basic with a bed, nightstands, desk, nightstand, and a good-sized window. The walls were blank with no decor or photos, the only color in the room came from the dark blue covers that William made Floyd pick out. The room could have been more alive if Floyd actually unpacked his stuff.

The only things actually unpacked were his clothes and that was only because he didn't want them to become wrinkled. His personal belongings stayed in his few boxes that were hidden in the small walk-in closet.

The boy wasn't being ungrateful or rude, he just didn't see this room as his own, he simply just stayed there because William happened to be his godfather. He felt lucky to have William but didn't care much about making a home in this apartment.

Floyd laid on his bed scrolling through Twitter until a FaceTime request bothered his personal time but that didn't affect him because he loved speaking to his friends.

"Floyd!"

"You look like a hot mess."

"Have you been eating?"

"Do we have to hold an intervention?"