04 - A NEW WORLD AND ANNOYING FINN

Floyd didn't receive many phone calls only from his friends back home and Mike who didn't like texting. When his phone began to ring at 7 pm he was very surprised not knowing if he should actually answer the phone especially with the silence he had been getting from the iconic woman.

The boy did end up answering but he didn't say anything instead listened to the silence, he knew that the woman was thinking of what to say. She was guilty, he knew that. She wanted to make amends, he knew that as well.

"Floyd?" Ella's light voice questioned, he didn't answer, she didn't expect him to. 

"I'm sorry for not answering or being available lately especially while you were going through all of this by yourself. I hope you can understand that I wouldn't have been able to take you in but I do understand the situation mom put you into. I just miss you, buddy." Ella took the role of not stepping on anyone's toes not wanting to favor her brother over her mother or the other way around.

Floyd's already emotionless face hardened at the words his sister decided to use, she never once actually sounding angry with their mother or sad towards what Floyd was forced to live with. Deep down he knew that she favored their mother as she was their only parent, he was convinced she had mommy issues that's why she sought the approval of their mother.

"What do you want me to say, Eleanor? Thank you so much for calling and that I miss you too? I don't know if you know this but I live in Lima, Ohio now. She chose her career over my happiness completely ignoring the fact that I could have stayed and cared for myself. I don't think you understand if you are remaining diplomatic towards this." 

Floyd rested a hand on his forehead nearly reaching his limit, the deep voice that came out during that proved just how truly angry he was. His entire family thought they could throw him around and favorite each other, it's as if they all forgot his name was Floyd Addington, he grew up just the same as them all.

"Can you consider the fact that I'm trying here? Trying to make you happy. Trying to make mom happy. When I should be busy with my own life not caring about your guy's arguments. Can't you for once just be easy on her and me?"

That's when he hung up.

He sat in silence staring at the wall, his mind trying to catch up with his anger. Two minutes later the tall dancer was chucking the cellphone at the blank wall, his anger now becoming obvious to Will. The older man walked into the room taking in the problem before him.

Will knew all about his godson being an outcome of neglect and little affection, he expected many outbursts from the raven-haired boy. The thing was that it seemed as if Floyd didn't even notice the little parenting he had, he was trained to not care. Will, of course, had stood back and waited for the day that the independent boy would need him.

Today was that day.

"Why don't they want me?" 

Will hugged him instantly taking the boy fully into his grasp not minding how much bigger Floyd was. Floyd didn't cry, he just sat there truly confused as to why his family never wanted him. They never wanted to care and love him, the feeling of being alone being second nature to him.

"I don't know, buddy. I'm here for you though and I want you here."

It was a small statement but it was enough to make Floyd feel content because the curly-haired teacher never lied.