10. STOP BEING SUCH A TEASE

Smut warning: stop at ** if you wanna skip it.  

My phone started buzzing. It's 2am. Who the fuck is calling me? I sat up straight into my bed.

"Hello? Who is this? Do you even know the time?" I yelled grumpily.

"Lexi? It's me, Jackson Avery."

"Jackson?" My voice was barely a whisper. "Why the fuck are you calling me? I asked shocked.

"I am so sorry, I couldn't sleep." He said.

"Oh, so you disturb mine." I replied sarcastically. I tried my best to keep my composure.

He called! He actually did. Damn.

And he's sorry! This is new

"Lexi, I'm sorry but I had to talk to you." he pleaded. It softened me even more.

"What?" I managed to say sharply. As much as it pained for me to say it, he still affected me, and I hate it.

"Lexi, I mean what I said today. I still love you." my heart stopped beating for a second.

"I've already loved you. And when I couldn't find you, it shattered my heart. I didn't really love her. I was with her just because of my son. Please, trust me. I want you back Lexi Hunt." He rambled.

He was my epic love. And I did love him. But can I still love him? After all he broke my heart, shattered my heart, in his words.

"Lexi? Lexi are you there? No, no please don't go." his voice trembled. "Lexi?"

I drew in a breath, "I'm here. Jackson."

"Thank God. Did you hear me? Lexi, I swear, I never stopped loving you." he added.

"Jackson, it's not that easy. You broke me when you left. Life was worse than hell. It took me so long to get over you." I sighed.

"Lexi, sleep over it for me please? I want us to start over, please." he begged.

"Okay. I'll sleep over it. But if you fucking call me at 2am next time, I swear I'll end you." I gritted.

"There's my feisty girl." He said happily.

"I am not your girl. Not yet." I added.

"But you will be soon. Once you see how I've changed." He stated confidently. It so reminded me of the old Jackson.

"See, now that cocky behavior will get you nowhere." I remarked.

"Sorry." He apologized quickly, as if he didn't wanna risk his chance with me.

"Good night Jackson." I said and slammed the phone down immediately.

Jordan had called me his girl. That felt so different, a nice different. But Jackson, not so much. Why was everything so confusing? I needed sleep. Lots of it. So that's what I decided to do. I went off to sleep, only to have the phone ringing again.

I answered it without looking at the caller id. "What?" I yelled. 2am if for sleeping or fucking. And I definitely wanted to sleep. 

"Lexi?" Jordan said in a low voice.

"Jordan? Its past 2. What happened?" I asked concerned.

"Sophie proposed to me for a relationship." He mumbled. This night was full of surprises. "Lemme guess, you're freaking out right now?"

"Yeah. Lexi you don't know how scared I am about this. I've never been in a serious relationship ever before. And I'm scared I'll fuck this up." he began ranting.