39. I Really Hope He Comes

"So I guess we're gonna be a while here huh?" Jordan chuckled nervously.

Without saying a word, I got come and began pacing around in frustration. "I swear Imma kill her when I see her." I said referring to Kylie.

"Being locked in with me can't be that bad." Jordan joked.

I sighed and sat back down. "It is actually." I admitted. Kylie was right, and I knew that. I was avoiding conversation with Jordan purely out of fear. Time to face them.

"Umm what?" he asked confused.

"Jordan, we were best friends. What happened to us?" I asked.

"I don't know Lexi. Everything went south after Thanksgiving." he replied.

"So let's start there. Why did you get drunk? Completed wasted that night. What made you do that?"

"Because.." he began. "What, we did... at the lake, what I did...you were with Jackson. I-I took advantage of you. I shouldn't have gone so far. Heck I shouldn't have done anything." He locked his eyes onto his lap.

"First off, I clearly remember you asking me for my permission. And I gladly gave it to you. Second off, it wasn't your fault. It was ours." I cleared it up.

"My turn." He spoke. "Why did you run off afterwards?" he asked softly.

"I just had to get away. I desperately wanted to clear my head up, sort out my messed up feelings." I answered honestly.

"What feelings?" he asked.

"My turn Jordan." I smirked. He rolled his eyes before nodding for me to ask my question.

"Why did you freak out when Sophie told you she loved you? Was it because she said it too soon, or...?" I asked, hoping to drop the idea that I loved him more subtly.

"That's because I didn't love her back." Jordan admitted.

"Wait what?" I was so confused.

"Yeah. I thought I liked her, but I was wrong. I didn't." he shrugged.

"Then why are you guys still together?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Who?"

"You and Sophie."

"We aren't together! We broke up a year ago! In fact on the day of your accident if I'm not mistaken."

"But I saw you two together just today!" I exclaimed.

"Today? The only reason we kept in touch was because Noah. I mean, I really like the kid and he likes me back. So for me to suddenly disappear from his life just felt wrong. And Jenny was busy so I was babysitting May and scheduled a playdate for Noah and her."

"Oh my God, I so didn't realise. I'm sorry." I was thrown aback.

I spent a year, one entire fucking year thinking he was happy with Sophie. That he wanted a relationship with her. I cannot believe that I wasted an entire year! He could have been happier. I had a chance to get my happiness back a year ago? That was a possibility? Why did I ever wait so long?

As soon as Jordan mentioned the words 'broke up', happiness radiated throughout my entire body. I glimmer of hope was all I required, and I finally got it. Maybe I still had a chance.

"It's okay. It's not usually normal that exes stay friends. But since things ended co-ordinally between us, we stayed in touch." Jordan spoke causally.

"So, how did you guys break up?" I asked.

"Really? Did you actually think I'll answer you when it's my time to ask a question?" Jordan squinted his eyes at me.