Preface

(It was just sudden inspiration *shrugs* Also, a point to anyone who can guess who's perspective this is, and a bonus one if you can guess all the characters!)

You watch as that plumber  walks through the door, followed by a taller green lookalike. You know that Mario has visited many times before, supposedly to 'visit' the king and his sister. However, this green-clothed individual has never come over before. Interesting. You would be smiling slightly, if you had a mouth. Shifting as little as possible, you state to the person beside you: " A new face. And he's a day early. What do you make of it?" He turns to you and replies: " Well, as long as they aren't hurtin' the boss, I don't really mind them coming." You scoff to yourself. Typical. 

Just then, another voice speaks up. "Can't you two keep it down? I thought we were trying to stay secret here!" After making sure that no one can see you, you levitate upright and turn toward the source of the voice, not replying, but making yourself look as intimidating as possible, which, considering it's you, is very. The perpetrator immediately shrinks back into the shadows. 

(le timeskip!)

After a few more minutes of pretending to be dead, you hear a incredibly faint trail of music from under the shelf, that is quite soon accompanied by much more noticeable barking. After once again ensuring that you aren't in anyone's line of sight, you sigh, drift over and confirm what you thought was producing the sounds. However, right before you can order them to stop, you hear someone whisper-shout your name. Whipping around, you notice the unmistakable footsteps a second too late. They make a beeline towards the workbench. You consider hiding, but there wouldn't be any point. There's no reversing this mistake. You sigh and get ready. Dealing with the inevitable criticism from you colleagues will be nothing compared to the mess you've just landed yourself in.

(So, how was it? Comments and votes are, of course, appreciated!)

Their Return (Discontinued)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें