Chapter 4 - Kicking Into Gear

"What?" Came the resounding reply from all the rest. (Except Stapler, of course, as since he was a dog he naturally couldn't understand a word you were saying.) 

"Wait, wait, wait. When you say 'company', who exactly do you mean? I mean, the last time you said that, you showed us a bunch of creepy black shadow people!" Hearing that, you silently chuckle to yourself, remembering the Cutout Soldiers and Handaconda, and your - you'll admit - fairly sadistic pet. Then, you turn to Rubber Band, the questioner. "Well, who else could I be referring to but King Olly, and Olivia?" The moment you say this, you get an immediate reaction, with Hole Punch making a surprised noise, Rubber Band gasping, and Coloured Pencils and Tape muttering something under their breath. You float back down to the workbench, placing yourself on the same level as the others so as to make it easier to talk to them. 

Engaging in a discussion with the rest, you try to determine what the best course of action would be : to stay silent and hide, or announce your presence. You ensure to periodically check that no one enters the room, or that no footsteps are heard on the stairs leading down. After a while, you all agree to stay unnoticed at first, and only reveal yourselves if truly necessary. Of course, there's still the whole situation on how you're all alive in the first place, but you style is to take things one step at a time.

(I drew Punchy on a supermarket freezer door today. I wonder if anyone noticed him. 

On another note, this book is now at 200 views! Woo! 

And on another another note, the word 'first' doesn't look like an actual word if you see it too much. )