Chapter 5 - Checking In

The very next morning, you, after yet again checking that none of the house's occupants are coming down to the basement, go to rouse some of your fellow compatriots. Well, technically they weren't actually sleeping, but sometimes they just act like it, perhaps out of pure habit. Anyway, you 'wake' them up and drift off to the door that leads up out of the basement, leaving them behind (because, well, who cares about them, really?).

You ascend up the stairs and to the backyard. Moving closer to the cottage, you can hear quiet breathing and the Craftsman's recognisable but not-at-all quiet muttering. In their sleep. You can't imagine how anyone is supposed to have them as a roommate. You remove your nonexistent ear from the door and continue on.

Drifting over the small fence separating the front and back yard, you recall one of the greatest joys of flying - just levitating in the air and pretending to let the wind carry you along. However, something in the corner of you vision makes you freeze in the air and dart into a nearby bush. It's King Olly, getting up from where he was seated, presumably watching the waves as they crashed onto the side of the sheer rock shaped like a mushroom. He passes right by you on the way to the cottage, but doesn't seem to notice you. (It's at times like these where you're grateful for the dark green colour of you handles - even if someone keeps teasing you about them looking like leaves. It really makes it easier to hide in loose foliage. Well, not that you've ever had to hide in it before.)

You look on as Olly exits from the front door and back into the front yard. He appears to have taken a few pieces of paper and is now looking at them quite intently. However, instead of folding something out of them as you assumed he would have done, he instead sighs, puts them down beside him, and resumes staring out to the Great Sea.

Witnessing this, you wonder, yet again, what has changed since you left. 

(Sorry for updating a little later than normal, I wanted to watch YouTube videos. 😅)