Savior of the Heavenly Fowl

Y/n's pov

I am sitting on Filo's shoulders as we are travelling down a road. We are currently delivering herbicides to a village, there was a lot of bottles of herbicides but it was understandable when we got to the area. Vines and roots were everywhere, across the field and road. Naofumi spoke "This place definitely needs herbicide.." "this place needs more than just herbicides." Raphtalia pointed at a large walled in are "Master Naofumi, over there" Naofumi nodded "Filo, hurry to that" I held onto Filo tightly as she started running as fast as she could with the wagon. We were soon inside of the walls that lead to a small camp that was made by the villagers. We unloaded the herbicides and a few people approached us "Thank you, this place was about to fall to the vines as well" Raphtalia stares at them "Couldn't you have burned them?" the older guy responded "we tried everything we could think of. We even summoned adventurers, but the situation remains grave....Our village was already overrun by vines. What's wors, the planst turned into monsters and attacked us" A sudden scream interrupted the conversation, causing everyone to look up over the wall. "Some adventurers set out for the village to level up. I warned them against it but no no avail." Naofumi looks at Filo "Filo, go grab the adventurers and bring them back" Filo looked back at him, eating fruits "Okay, Be wight bag" Filo speed off out to the village, comming back a few minutes later and dropping 3 guys onto the ground. "There were monsters everywhere, some even spat poison or acid. Why would these guys go there when they're so weak? they must be morons" Raphtalia shook her head "you didn't have to say that last part" they started arguing a bit, causing people to stare at them commenting on how filo was speaking and calling her the Heavenly Fowl. The elder walked up to Naofumi "are you the savior who travels in a carriage drawn by a heavenly fowl?" Naofumi looked away "you got the wrong guy" Raphtalia frowned "Naofumi-sama" the elder started begging Naofumi to help cure their sick. Raphtalia looked at Naofumi, making him help. 

The elder lead us into a tent that had beds filled with children covered in plants. "as you can see, the plants are devouring their bodies....please Savoir! help them with your powers!" Naofumi sighed and walked up to one of the children "I cant promise that I can do anything" he took out a potion and poured some into the child's mouth before using potion enhance on it and pouring it over the child. The plants rotted away and Naofumi stood up, tossing some potions at me "Next" I sighed and went over to the other side of the room, using potions on the ones on that side while Naofumi used potions on the other side. Once we finished we walked outside and started walking to the wagon. Naofumi sighed "once we get paid we will be leaving, I dont want to be dragged any further into this mess" Raphtalia looked back at the men that approached us earlier, who were now bowing to Naofumi "I daresay that might be a little difficult." Naofumi looked back and they started speaking "Our Savior of the Heavenly Fowl, please save our village!" They explained how the situation happened. A famine affected their village, and the spear hero arrived with a 'miracle seed' that he had unsealed. The plants grew quickly and made fruits fast, however it soon mutated to from monsters, and then the plants started growing too quickly for them to stop it. after finishing their story they held out money to Naofumi "we will pay for the treatment and the extermination, so please" Naofumi sighed and grabbed the money "I hate cleaning up after that idiot Motoyasu, but I will earn my keep. Let's go!" Naofumi sighed and started walking out. Raphtalia, Rifana, and Filo started following him. I sighed and shook my head, walking after them.

We made it to the overrun village and ran into a plant monster. It spat poison but Naofumi deflected it with his shield. Raphtalia cut the plant into pieces and Filo kicked away the pieces that were sent at me. Naofumi looked up at the giant tree at the center of the village with an eyeball "If we take that out it will all be over?" Filo went charging in towards the tree, jumping off vines to get towards the giant eye. Naofumi used his airstrike shield to help her, Filo destroyed the eye but it regrew quickly while filo ran back to us. Naofumi tossed a bottle of herbicide to Raphtalia and told her to pour it on the eye. Raphtalia jumped onto Filo's back, joined by Rifana. Rifana cut away vines that approached while Raphtalia blocked anything else. Raphtalia cut branches that Filo was going to use to jump off of, causing them to fall down. Raphtalia and Rifana were grabbed by vines and held up in the air. Filo let out a chuckle that upset both demihumans. I sighed and looked at Naofumi "Enhance the herbicide" He nodded and took out a bottle, using potion enhance on it and started walking towards the tree. Vines went to grab him but I used my chains to whip them away. Naofumi got up to the roots of the tree and poured the herbicide on them, causing the tree to start withering. I walked over and dumped another one on a root just in case, and the tree started shaking. The vines holding Raphtalia and Rifana started withering and dropped them. Naofumi frowned "Get away from the tree!" Filo picked us up and ran away from the tree as it split apart and fell over. After it fell over we gather all the seeds so that they couldn't grow more trees. Raphtalia and Rifana argued against Filo for picking seed that they were going to grab, but Filo just kept picking seeds. While we gathered seeds, Naofumi tested out one of his new skills, [plant modification]. It allows someone to change growth rate, mutation probability, and other things for a plant. Naofumi finished modifying a seed and put them down into the dirt. The plant grew into the shape like the monster eyes, but the flower wilted quickly. Raphtalia told him not to do something so dangerous after we had just killed the thing.