Dividing paths

Y/n's pov

The rest of that day turned into a blur. I sealed Rifana's wound but she wouldn't wake up. I tried to shake her awake but she didn't react. I was pulled away from her by someone, I can't remember who. The queens force had apparently arrived and captured the followers of the church that were there. People wearing white robes took Rifana away, and I couldn't do anything to stop them. I struggled against the person holding me, but they didn't let me go. I only felt anger build up in me as I could hear Gluttony laughing in my head, taunting me. I wanted to scream, but nothing came out of my mouth. I wanted to cry, but my eyes had gone dry. I wanted to see Rifana, but she was gone. Soon it had felt like all the energy in my body left me, and my limbs went limp. I couldn't move anymore, so I didn't. I could only stay still as I was dragged somewhere. I let my eyes close as I fell asleep, unable to hold onto my consciousness. 

Now I am standing on a balcony at the capitol, watching the clouds in the sky move by. After the events of that occurred a few days ago, the group was taken to the capitol in order for wounds to be healed and issues to be dealt with. Rifana was taken to a clinic for the royal family in order to get better treatment. She was alive, but she wouldn't wake up for a while. Naofumi was around the area as well since the queen had promised him somethings and because Raphtalia wanted to be around when Rifana woke up. As if detecting that I was thinking about him, Naofumi  walked out to the balcony and stood nearby. After a few seconds he spoke up "How are you feeling?" "I feel horrible." Naofumi nodded and looked at me "you weren't fully in control of yourself, and Rifana is going to be fine" I stood there in silence for a while before speaking "Naofumi, I want you to look after Rifana for me" "what do you mean?" i looked over at him "I'm going to go somewhere else for a while, and after what happened, I don't think I can look at Rifana without guilt eating away at me" Naofumi frowned "Are you sure about doing that? You might regret it soon" "I regret many things already. knowing that someone I can trust is looking after her would ease any regret from this decision." 

Naofumi sighed "alright, I'll look after her. When are you going to be leaving?" I looked back out at the sky "Today. after the sun sets I'll be on my way." "You should at least wait until Rifana wakes up to tell her yourself" "If I do that she will want to come with me. I so leaving as soon as I can is in my best interests." Naofumi sighed and nodded "alright, should i be expecting to see you again soon?" I looked at him "Maybe, if there is another wave soon, or some disaster that might require some help." Naofumi nodded again and smirked at me "okay, don't go dying out there." I looked at him "don't get anyone killed here" He laughed and shook his head "You might be the only hero I ever sort of got along with here." "I'm not even a hero in this world, so you better work on getting along better with the three stooges, Itsuki can be reasonable if he can understand that this isn't a game, Ren could be decent if he could understand the world and the weight of his actions, and Motoyasu can't be decent since he is wrapped around a certain bitch's finger but you can still try to fight along side him, not fight against him." Naofumi nodded "I'll try, but that wont be easy with how they are" I took a communication orb out of my inventory "hopefully I'll see you in one piece, but you better be getting along with the heroes better when we meet again, cause if not... well, Fitoria wont be the only threat you heroes have soon" I activated the orb to notify Fitoria of when and where she will need to meet me, then put the orb in my coat, walking away from Naofumi and out of the building.

After I was outside, I headed out into the town, putting my hood on over my head so no one would notice me. The streets were busy since the commotion caused by the three heroes church caused a panic among the uncertain citizens, making it easy to sneak through crowds in case someone recognized me. Once I had made it to the gate of the capitol I began walking out, only to be met with a barricade of soldiers standing there. I stared at them and they split down the center, revealing Melty with her mother the queen beside her. The queen spoke up first "I figured you would attempt to leave as soon as you could after what had happened yesterday, however there is something we must discuss before you disappear." I sighed and looked at her "Will this be quick? cause I'm going to meet with someone soon." The queen nodded "Yes, we have an area nearby that will be adequate for this, follow me." The queen turned and headed off to a guard tower that was nearby, Melty staying near her side. I had followed after them, the soldiers walking in a formations around us until we had arrived at the destination. Inside the guard tower there was a table with 3 chairs set up at the center of the room. The queen had sat down on one chair and Melty sat on the chair to the side, leaving me to take the chair at the opposite end.