vi. midnight secrets

CHAPTER SIX, midnight secrets

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

DELILAH WALKED DOWN A BIG, dark corridor, but she knew it wasn't Hogwarts. The walls were too bare of paintings and felt stuffy in a way the castle never was. She felt that she needed to get down this corridor as soon as possible or something bad would happen, but she wasn't sure what. 

The brunette picked up her pace until she arrived at a large door at the enD of the hallway. She hesitated for a moment before turning the handle, her heart beating rapidly. 

The sight she saw was a terrifying one. It was her entire family being held at wand point by several masked death eaters. Even some of her friends were there, off to another side; Naya, Charlie, and Alice were all being held by death eaters. 

Delilah chocked back a sob as the lead death eater finally saw her and headed in her direction. She felt around her body for her wand, but it was nowhere to be found. Delilah had nothing to defend herself or her loved ones from this nightmare.

Delilah was frozen in her spot, trying not to show the mystery person any fear. She could feel tears brimming in her eyes, but she didn't dare let them fall. The death eater grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and forced her down to her knees. 

"You are going to watch them all die," he growled coldly, "I think we'll start with that brother of yours." 

Delilah couldn't control her tears now, and she let them fall freely down her face. "NO! Take me instead, please, kill me, not them." 

The death eater patted her on the head, then grabbed a fistful of her hair to make her face the horrifying masks that he donned. 

"Oh don't worry, we will be getting to you soon. Just after all the others," he let go of her hair, but kept his arm firmly planted on her shoulder and his wand stabbing into her neck. 

Frank and her made eye contact for a moment, and a look of fear passed through the two twins. 

"Do it," the head death eater told the one who was holding Frank. 

The inferior raised his wand and hissed the death spell. "Avada Kedavra!" he shouted, and a jet of green light flew out of the end of his wand. Just as it was about to hit Frank, Delilah's eyes tore open and she escaped the scene. 

Delilah shot out of bed, covered in sweat. She was breathing heavy as she tried to process what she had just dreamt. Delilah realized it was just a nightmare and tried to calm herself down. 

She figured that she wouldn't go back to sleep anytime soon after that, and swung her legs over the side of her bed, sitting up. The brunette quietly got up and put a sweater and socks on, careful not to wake the other girls in her dorm. Then she carefully snuck out of the common room to head to the kitchens for a midnight snack, hoping that it would distract her enough.