4

"Oh, you're back! How was it Capt. Alvarez?"

My dad asked him once we entered the room. Gosh, wala na bang mas eepal pa sakanya?

"She's a fast learner, Capt. Martinez?"

"She's next to me." Tumawa lang si dad and I just rolled my eyes. I took my bag and went out. I looked around and wondered if I really like this field. Minutes after lumabas naman si dad and nag-aya na umuwi.

"He's cool, right?" He asked while buckling his seatbelt.

"Who? Mr. Alvarez? Gosh, wala ng mas annoying pa sa kanya!" 

I said and my brows furrowed. God, I thought he would be the quiet type but he was the opposite of my first impression. Dad just laughed at my reaction and drove off. The following weeks were spent in that school and Kalmin helped me with learning those hard parts in aviation. Annoying pa rin.

"You're good now. Do you want to fly a plane?" He asked after we reviewed all the basics and controls. I memorized everything naman within that period of time.

"Is it okay?" I asked with hopeful eyes. He chuckled.

"Oo naman. Tara. Paalam muna tayo sa Dad mo." He pulled me with him to the area where my dad was.

"Good afternoon Capt." He greeted.

"Good afternoon. Are you done?"

"Yes po, can I fly a plane with Ms. Martinez? I'll teach her some basics lang." My dad looked at me, confused.

"I thought you're anno-"

"No, dad! Can I go nalang?" I cut him off. Gosh, why does he have to blabber that as well! He just smiled and nodded. He told Kalmin some stuff before he pulled me to the area where the planes were.

"So, are you ready Captain Martinez?" He spoke through the mic in the headphones. I just nodded. We began taxiing and Kalmin told me to check the controls and stuff.

"Cleared for takeoff." I heard a man spoke in the other line.

"Let's go?" He asked. I just nodded and started to execute what I have learned in the books. 

"You're surprisingly good at this, Ahquila." He complimented. I just sarcastically smiled at him, trying to hide the nervousness inside me. 

"Climb up to and level off at 9,000 feet" I heard again. Kalmin explained it to me and I did what he said. Nagawa ko naman. After a few rounds in the air, we prepared for landing. He guided me all throughout the short flight. 

"Great job, Capt." He said and raised his hand. Asking for a high-five.

"What are you? A kindergarten student?" I said and rolled my eyes before going out. He just laughed at me before going out as well.

"I watched your flight, anak. You're so good!" Dad said once we reached his office. 

"Thanks dad." I said. Kalmin told my dad about how the flight went. I just scrolled through soc med. I came across a profile in the search feed. Apparently, it was Kalmin's. Out of curiosity, I pressed the profile and it led me to his profile on Instagram. It was on private.

Kalmin

arthuralvarez

I looked at his followers, and damn it wasn't even that many. 

"You're checking me out, huh?" Napalingon naman ako and I realized that his eyes were fixed on my phone screen.

"What? No!" I denied even if it's no use already.