Epilogue

"Here."

I gave Ahquila the steak that was already sliced so it would be convenient for her. We were in Times Square having a date habang kasama ni Axel ang anak namin na mag shopping. Good thing I knew that he was here. "Khari's growing so fast." 

Nakanguso namang sabi ni Ahquila. Khari will attend kindergarten next school year. It was as if I held him first just yesterday and left him. I missed his first steps, first words, first times. But I was making up for it by witnessing his other first times. His first time to travel. His first time to be with me, to be with his dad. I could never ask for more.

"He's going to the same school?" I asked. Hindi ko pa kabisado ang mga plano ni Ahquila para kay Khari. She saved up on her own with the little help I provided when I was away without her knowing. She had to go through that alone. Alam kong tatlong buwan na ang nakakaraan mula nung naayos na kami but the regrets were still living in me. 

Paano kung hindi ko siya iniwan? Paano kung nanatili ako? Paano kung naging makasarili ako? 

Ang daming 'paano' na bumubuo sa utak ko but Ahquila.. she made sure that I was right. That I was still the best dad that Khari lost for three years. Tumango lang si Ahquila at sinabi kung ano ang mangyayari. I stared at her with such admiration. She did not need a man to be this strong. 

From: Axel

Pare, binilhan ko si Khari ng damit sa Gucci ah. Bayaran mo nalang, joke.

Napangiti naman ako nang makita si Khari na masayang kasama ang ninong niya. Pinakita ko naman 'yon kay Ahquila. She awed. She loves our son so much. Our son's happiness was also hers. Khari's life became hers too. 

After eating Steak, we went to Mongkok to buy gifts for the others and just went back to the hotel when we finished shopping. Late na rin kasi. Khari needs his mom. 

"Khari was good naman?" Tanong ko kay Axel nung pumunta muna si Ahquila saglit para tignan si Khari. "Pare, mana 'yan kay Ahquila. Ano ka ba." He scoffed at me as if makulit ako. Mas mana pa rin naman si Khari sa akin ah. Inutusan naman ako ni Ahquila na bihisan si Khari. I got clothes out of the luggage and sat beside him in the bed.

"Baby.." I softly whispered. I was just going to let him know that I'm already here. I took off his jacket and sweater first. "Sit down muna, Khari." I said. I let him sit down on my lap at lean on my chest while still asleep kaya mabilis ko lang siyang nabihisan. Pinatulog ko naman siya ulit bago lumabas para makita si Axel na umalis.

The next day, nag-aya si Khari na magswimming. We weren't able to go out na because our flight is around 12 pm. 

"Daddy, mommy is so pretty, right?" Sabi naman ni Khari habang karga ko siya sa pool. Ahquila was in the deep part kaya nasa akin si Khari. 

"That's why you're so handsome," I answered and tickled him. Khari kept on talking about his mom. All he did was to admire his mom's look and personality. She's such an angel.

"I'll see you later, bun." 

I said. We were at the airport at mauuna na kaming nagcheck-in. When we passed through the immigrations, we started our briefing for the flight bago pumasok ng eroplano. I made sure they were on the first row para makita ko si Khari sakaling lumabas ako para mag restroom. 

"Cabin crew, please take your seats for take-off." I announced before slowly ascending. Hawak ko ang buhay ng mga tao pati na ang buhay ng anak at asawa ko. I was careful and meticulous with every single detail just to have a pleasant flight. 

"Daddy!" 

Nagulat ako when Khari called me because I went out to go to the restroom. Kumaway lang ako tsaka pumasok ng restroom. Pagkalabas ko ay ininstruct ko naman sa attendant na nakahawak sa curtains na bigyan ng pagkain si Khari. It was already time for lunch.