Chapter 4: The Thunderbolt II

Legend:

Bogey= Unidentified enemy

Bandit= Identified enemy

Splash= Hit

Immelman Turn= An acrobatic turn used by pilots to quickly turn into enemies and suprise them as shown below

Spotting the four bogeys on my radar, I instinctively banked left and caught sight of them. Two Eurofighters and two Aerospace Hawk T1's whizzed by, their pilots flying in tight formation waiting for me. Unfortunately, the A-10 is no dog fighter. However it can out-turn many jets, so that was my plan of attack. Force them infront of me and hit them with a missile. Soon spotting a rogue Typhoon that had lost itself in the break, I chased it down, aligning it with my sights before firing a missile. With a satisfying whoosh it sped into the Eurofighter, disabling the jet and forcing the pilot to bail out. I had no idea where the others were so I headed to the town, in search of the British tanks.

Y/n: This is Jäger to Commander Miho, a Eurofighter is down I repeat, Eurofighter down. Requesting targets over.

Over the radio I could hear Miho popping her head out of the hatch and looking up, spotting me coming towards her.

Miho: Erm Y/n.

Y/n: Yeah, what?

Miho: There's three others chasing you.

Y/n: There is?!

Checking my radar, the remaining jets were indeed tailing, and soon enough, catching me. Thinking fast, I performed a clean Immelman turn and faced one of the Aerospace Hawks and fired, the bullets tearing through one of the wings and sending the jet spiralling down into the ground. After a brief pause, a small mushroom cloud appeared on the grassy plains, signalling another jet was out.

Miho: You got two more on your tail Y/n.

Y/n: I know Miho, that's the idea. I need you to bait the tanks towards the town centre and hold them off before I tell you to move. Can you do that?

Miho sighed, looking around her and spotting said town centre.

Miho: I can do that, good luck with whatever you're planning.

Hearing only the engines now, I had to out-turn these bandits or else I would be a sitting duck for them. Banking right, I caught a slight glimpse of Miho being chased by two tanks, signalling that the plan was coming together nicely. I just needed to keep them on my tail until Miho was in position, hopefully she was because they were gaining on me, fast. Finally the radio sprung to life and Miho's voice could be heard.

Miho: We're here.

Y/n: Okay, hold them off for ten more seconds and then get out of there, understood?

Miho: Copy that.

Frantically I made my way towards the town centre, making sure the jets were still hot on my tail. The move I was going to pull off was risky, but in a situation like this it was a calculated risk I was willing to take. I dove straight for the two tanks tailing Miho, causing the bandits to fire off their missiles.