Chapter 11: The Ball II

???: Care to dance Y/n?

A voice sprung out from behind me, the silky softness of it comforting me like a cotton pillow to rest my head upon. Violinists had begun to play their tune as I spun around and saw none other than.....

Y/n: Darjeeling?

Darjeeling: If course it's me silly, who else?

Darjeeling smirked slightly, making my heart skip a beat as I stared into her eyes, their cyan hue giving off a sweet and caring yet elegant vibe. The definition of Darjeeling. Her hands fidgeted at my slight pause, creating a little awkwardness between us.

Y/n: So, you want a dance? With me?

Darjeeling: That is what I asked for. If you wouldn't mind at least.

Looking down her smirk faded to a frown as I awkwardly froze up, not knowing how to respond. I didn't know how to dance, let alone with someone as graceful as her! But she really wants to, and I can't throw this opportunity away.

Y/n: Sure, I'll dance with you.

Darjeeling looked up slowly and met my gaze, smiling once again while dabbing her eyes with a handkerchief.

Darjeeling: I didn't expect you to say yes but, I'm elated that you did. Do you have any experience dancing?

Y/n: None at all unfortunately.

Darjeeling: That's okay, we all start somewhere. Just follow my lead and you'll be fine.

I warmly smiled and took her outstretched hand, following in her wake until we reached the centre of the dance floor.

Y/n: Are you sure the centre is a good place? I don't want to embarrass you.

Darjeeling paid no attention to my worry and positioned us in wait of the next song.

Darjeeling: Have your right arm extended like so and hold my hand, then place your left hand around my waist.

Y/n: Huh? Are you sure?

Darjeeling: Of course I am, I wouldn't do it on a whim now would I?

Y/n: Oh stop with these rhetorical questions and let's get dancing.

Darjeeling: As you wish. Now you will lead with your right foot and drag your left by the toe until it touches your right foot. Then we'll turn a bit to the right and repeat the steps until the song ends, when you dip me. Got that?

I had a look of bewilderment on my eyes but eventually understood what to do.

Y/n: Yeah, I got it. You ready?

Darjeeling smiled cutely and tilted her head to the right, letting me see her jewel-encrusted earring.

Darjeeling: Of course I am, lead the way Jäger.

Violins started once again and a slow song began to play, letting us commence the dance. I started off a bit shaky, almost tripping over my own feet a couple of times and sending us toppling down. But fortunately I found my rhythm and soon enough we were smoothly dancing the night away, staring into eachothers eyes the whole time. It was like I was entranced by them, sparkling away in the light as our hands led the way. It was almost as if we were in complete sync, as if our hearts were beating in tandem, our lungs breathing together, our eyes meeting in the middle like tired soldiers greeting their so called 'enemies' after all is said and done. Conflict brought them together and the same could be said for us as the violins faded into the night and so did my worries and fears. I stopped on the final note and dipped Darjeeling down, not letting her touch the floor as the room fell silent to watch our sweet moment.