Chapter 9: Commander's Club

The semi-finals. I never thought we would reach them. Nor would I have thought that a meeting would be called between the schools before the semi-finals, but this year has been weird for everyone. Especially the shock of us beating Saunders and Anzio previously. I grew a smug smile and boarded the helicopter along with Miho, Anzu, Momo and Yuzu. The nippy wind bit at my freezing skin as we took off, rising into the sky as soft snow flaked wafted into the seats and gracefully landed upon our laps. The meeting would be held at Pravda High and all high ranking Sensha-Do participants were expected to come. This prompted me to be forced from training just a few hours ago and be briefed on our situation, which in all honesty looked grim.....

No one p.o.v

Darjeeling sat at the stainless oak wood table, politely picking up her cup and saucer while delicately sipping the Russian tea that was made for her. Nonna elegantly strutted over to her and placed down some strawberry jam, to which Darjeeling thanked her once again. She picked up the spoon that lay on the table cloth and was about to scoop the jam into the tea when Katyusha interrupted her.

Katyusha: You're doing it wrong! You put the jam on your tongue and drink the tea afterwards.

Darjeeling: Ah, my mistake. I'll try that now.

After a couple of minutes trying the tea, Katyusha spoke again, halting Darjeeling from finishing her drink.

Katyusha: I cannot believe you summoned me here before the meeting to talk about some insignificant school we're facing.

Darjeeling: Have your pilots been training recently?

Katyusha: Absolutely not! It would be a waste of fuel.

Darjeeling smiled to herself and placed her saucer onto the table cloth, dabbling her mouth gently with a handkerchief before staring Katyusha in the eye.

Darjeeling: Then you've already lost.

Katyusha gasped and nearly fell back, being swiftly saved by Nonna and helped back into her chair.

Katyusha: What do you mean by that?! I the great Katyusha can never lose to some small school that nobody has heard of.

Darjeeling once again smiled and looked at Nonna, who gave her a reassuring smile.

Darjeeling: They have an ace up their sleeve. Two infact. One is a Nishizumi, Miho.

Katyusha blurted out laughing, smacking her hand against the table and becoming red faced from the 'joke'.

Katyusha: You really think she can defeat us? That I, Katyusha, cannot defeat her?

Darjeeling: No Katyusha. I don't believe they can. But it's their second ace that you should fear.

Katyusha tended up slightly, clenching her fists in anticipation.

Katyusha: Well who is she?! Spit it out Darjeeling the suspense is killing me!

Darjeeling: Der Jäger.

Katyusha eased up and turned to Nonna with a puzzled look, only to be met with a gasp from her and a dropped plate filled with small biscuits.

Nonna: Oh no Katyusha. If it's him we're facing, then Darjeeling is spot on.

Katyusha: Wait, HIM?!

Darjeeling: Yes, a him. His name is Y/n L/n and he is Ooarai's best shot in this tournament. We faced him and nearly lost, even though he didn't partake until we had their other planes shot down and Miho cornered. He wiped us out, luckily we landed a shot and sent him down. But it certainly humbled me. As my proverb goes, the race goes not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. He is a master tactician, and will stop at nothing to win this for Ooarai.