The News

This chapter is inspired by an idea from spiderman_0707. I hope y'all like it! Contains season 2 spoilers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I groaned as I threw up violently for the third time this morning. I apologized to Din, having wanted to go down to Tatooine to help him find the other Mandalorian. But this sickness just wasn't letting up and Peli was good company. I stumble out of the restroom, sitting down next to Peli.

"Still sick?"

"It's passing slowly… it's been happening for the past week." I whisper.

"Have you checked yourself with a medical scanner?" Peli asks.

"I never considered it." I whisper, blushing a bit.

"I'll grab mine from the ship." I say, standing up and walking to the ship, walking in and grabbing my medkit. I grab the scanner out of it and walk out of the ship. I sit back down next to Peli and turn the scanner towards myself, turning on the device. I listen as it scans before turning it around to look at the readings. The scanner fell from my trembling hands when I saw the results.

"What's wrong (Y/N)?" Peli asks, picking up the scanner. 

"Oh… Oh dear… how are you gonna tell Mando?" Peli asks, rubbing my back. I let out a sob and shook my head.

"I don't know…" I whisper, my hand hovering over my stomach. I sniffle and look at Peli. 

"What should I do Peli? I-I’m a fighter, not a mother… a-and he's a Mandalorian. I don't even know if they're allowed to procreate." I sob, shaking with the force of the sobs racking through my body.

"One thing you need to do is calm down. The stress isn't good for the child." Leli says, rubbing my back. 

"I'm s-sorry to dump all this on you…" I whisper, sniffling.

"It's alright hon. I'll just charge Mando a little extra." Peli jokes. I chuckle and roll my eyes, looking down at my stomach.

'Din Djarin's child… inside me… gods. I'm gonna die aren't I?' I think, a hand moving to rest on my stomach.

"Just breathe. I'm sure Mando will be alright with the news. If anything, you guys have a known babysitter in the galaxy." Peli jokes. I chuckle and nod.

"Thanks Peli… I'll try to figure out how to tell him. I'll let you know when I do." I whisper. 

"Okay hon. Now, wanna go get some grub? I'm starved." She says. I chuckle and nod, standing up and following her into town, a bandage wrapped around my rebel tattoo.

After we ate, Peli and I went to the hanger, chatting a bit before a frog woman walked in. She talked with Peli, telling her about her husband and her eggs that needed to get to the planet on time. I smile softly and rest a hand on my stomach.

The frog woman sits in the back of Peli's workshop, keeping her eggs warm. I sit outside the workshop with Peli, chatting a bit about ways I could tell Din about the child.

The day passed slowly with no sign of Din. I went to bed in the Razor Crest, shutting the sleeping pod after I laid down. I roll over and breath in Din's scent from the pillow, slowly falling asleep. 

A couple days passed before Din came back, a huge hunk of meat on the back of his speeder. I smile and run up to him, hugging him tightly.

"Hey there love." He whispers, bumping his helmet against my forehead. I smile and kiss his helmet gently.