13. The Start of Something New

There was a stumbling of movement, and somehow the pair had managed to step back onto the porch and lean against the house as their kisses continued. Any rational thoughts which Maria might normally posses were chucked straight out the window as she desperately clung onto Elliott, never once wanting to let go.

A slightly stifled squeal managed to escape her when she felt one of his hands press into her waist and push her against the wall. He faltered, pulling back momentarily and looking down at the farmer with a furrowed brow.

"Are you alright? I meant no harm," he murmured, their lips mere inches apart still.

She quickly shook her head, "no no, it's okay. I'm okay, you just caught me off guard is all," she replied in a whispered tone, her eyes flicking up to meet his own.

His gaze bore genuine concern, and Maria was more than charmed by this as a small smile quirked on her lips. "Are... you scared of hurting me?" she asked curiously, tilting her head one way as she spoke.

"More than anything," he answered, "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I harmed you, even if only an accident."

She giggles, leaning back up so that their lips just barely brush against one another's "that's sweet, though I don't think I'm nearly as fragile as you may think I am. I'll let you know if you need to slow down."

There's a flash of mischief in Elliott's eyes as he leans back in, sealing their lips with a kiss once more as both his hands move to her waist to press her firmly against the wall of the house. Maria ran her fingers through his hair, loosening the bun, as she deepened the kiss, and likely would've continued if it weren't for the loud mewling sound that interrupted them.

Pulling her head back, the farmer blinked with confusion as she peered around the writer, and was greeted by the sight of a very annoyed looking Burmese cat.

"I don't think Orion is pleased by our... display of affection," Elliott murmured with an amused smile.

"Agreed," she giggles.

The pair look at each other once more, before slowly pulling their arms back. Maria clears her throat nervously, brushing away some of her hair and finally realizing how red-hot her face must be.

"Well that was... something," she whispers.

"Indeed," he replies, and though there's little light she can tell that his cheeks are a bright red, "apologies for distracting you from the light show, dearest."

The farmer rolls her eyes. "Shut up," she says with a laugh, "I'll take kissing you over a meteor shower any day."

"Is that so?" the writer replies with a smug grin.

"Hey, don't get cocky," she shoots back.

"Don't get cocky?" he quickly gasps, splaying a hand over his chest, "I just had the honor of kissing the most gorgeous woman I've ever laid eyes upon, and you're telling me to not be cocky?"

If the blush on Maria's face could deepen anymore, it did, and she attempts to brush his comment aside with a roll of her eyes. "... so. What exactly does this mean? For us... I mean."

"Well, I would... understand if this were an incident you may want to push aside and forget as to not disrupt our friendship," he begins in a cautious tone, but upon seeing the crestfallen look on her face he switches gears, "however, I would be lying if I were to say that I did not want to do that much more often. If you were to grant me the ability to be able to do so, it would make me so incredibly happy."

"Is this your roundabout way of saying you'd like to kiss me more?" the farmer asks with a smirk.

Elliott's lips quirk up into a smile and he turns to look back up towards the sky, the moon and stars casting a soft glow over him. "Perhaps," he murmurs, "perhaps it's also a roundabout way of me saying I'd like to do even more than just kiss you, dearest."