My word my bond

AUTHORS NOTE: Hi, I loved writing this one, no trigger warnings for this since it is mostly about the characters and their relationship starting to get built slowly.

I woke up In a large lavish room. The remnants of yesterday seemed like a bad dream, I slowly got up from the bed expecting a painful retaliation from my head. To my surprise there is none. I rub the back of my head and notice there is no blood either. Much like the disappearance of that injury, there seemed to be no more pain or any sign of my wrists ever suffering restraints. 

The room smells like milk and honey. I notice I am wearing a strange looking nightgown. Panic. It overflows me as I realize what happened yesterday fully, I shot a man and then escaped with Loki.

 "Shit!" 

I say out loud anxiously. I take a breath as I cast a better look around me and see the gold details of the huge room. Its an understatement to say it looks like it's fit for a king. The place didn't seem hostile. Despite that, I wouldn't wanna be around when Loki returns, that murderous psycho. The image of him killing all of those soldiers with ease runs trough my head. I shiver. That could have been me if only those very same people hadn't intervened. 

There is no time to waste so I strut to the door. I have to push the golden frame with so much force to open it because of its heaviness. I get out and the hallways and people I see roaming around take me by surprise. The shock on my face tourns visible as I take in the palace and all of the alien people. I knew then, I am not on earth anymore. It was truly stunning. The long halls, open skies, pillars as high as the eye can see. This fantastic scene takes my shock away touring it slowly into amazement. People passing by me stare at me strangely.  I don't notice them in my fascination. Just as my mouth opened in awe of this magnificent palace-I felt a hand on my arm pushing me back into the room. 

Now, what appeared to be an old man dressed in all gold with the same golden eyepatch was in the room with me. But in the flicker of an eye, like someone pulling a curtain-the illusion drops. Revealing Loki.

-"I see you are awake"

He said smoothly. There was a caution written all over his face. Like he didn't know whether to feel guilty or annoyed. Now that I can see how easy my eyes can be tricked I stepped back a little taken aback by it. I stare at the sight of Loki with viciousness and resentment. Mentally preparing to defend myself if need be. Starting to overthink I come to a simple fact-I cannot imagine why we are in Asguard. He cleared his throat seeing my mind going further from the room and into a billion anxious thoughts.

"I hope you are comfortable" he exclaimed looking at me with his head a little tilted to the side.

 His eyes were interrogating. Genuine worry now on his face. What?

He stopped measuring his words "As you may notice we fixed your injuries, and well anything else our doctors could find. You are now a picture of perfect health."

Hoping for me to speak he made a slight pause. He was clearly taken aback at the situation. He didn't expect to ever have to lead this conversation. Reasonable since his first intention was to kill me. To kill me, I feel the weight of that taught. I almost died. With an unconscious reaction, my hand slides across my neck nervously looking at him. There is a lump in my throat. Across me Loki is standing seemingly as nervous as me, waiting for me to take it all in.

"You are in Asguard now" -he continued confidently -"And since I am an Asgardian as tradition dictates I give you my word that no harm will come to you- I owe you a life debt. A debt witch here on Asguard they say can never be repaid. With that said"- he stops looking for the right words "from this day forward I will keep you safe.  And I can assure you-My word is my bond" -he finishes looking at me like he is trying to measure what I'm thinking. He adds only "What is your name?"

I suddenly stop in my track. Like my mind freezes, I was so focused on my survival on everything going on around me, that perhaps the last thing on my mind is that I couldn't remember. The day before yesterday, who I am, where I am from, how Loki took me or why? I stare at him silently. I feel dread linger in me. What if I am a bad person? What if he had a reason to try and kill me? What if, what if...A ton of those questions flew in and out of my mind. Until revealing my cards too soon I blurted out:

"I don't know"

Damn it. Why did I just say that he didn't know my name, I could have lied, manipulated him into finding out what he knows? Schemes I could have pulled started running in my head. No.No.No. I am now bare just like the truth. I am vulnerable. He could take advantage of this information in a thousand different ways. He did just take an oath to protect me. That's gotta be worth something I guess. If he still wanted to kill me he could have done it already. But he healed me. He starts stepping forward towards me, I instinctively pull back and hit the edge of the bed. Not knowing how to react Loki says trying to sound calming :

"I can go through your memories to help you find out"

That's a terrifying taught. Not Loki browsing trough my past, instead, the fear of the person I might be. What if I don't like what I see. I did shoot a man in cold blood. Granted I did not kill him. Before I could chicken out I say:

"Do it"

Hearing it he comes closer cautiously. Slowly as if not to scare me away he put his hands up to my head. We were standing face to face now, our bodies almost touching. His face is gentle, calming, his hands touched me softly as if he were trying not to move a single strand of my hair out of place. A very different side of Loki than the vicious angry one I have previously seen.  I close my eyes waiting for the trip down memory lane. I see a white light flash briefly. 

AUTHORS NOTE: Hi!❤ I cut this chapter in half because with the last few days of the semester I lI have a lot of work to do.😭 I have the other half ready and then some to release after the new year they will come out, for now, I will just I edit them.❤ You can see already feel the beginning of Lokis character growth.🤞 Not a big step in this chapter but I promised a more realistic timeline of the story. ⏱What do you think you will remember from your past?⏱ Are you good😇 or secretly evil😈? What were Lokis motives for trying to kill you? Also girl u u in Asguard now. As always let me know what you think in the comments and do tell me If you notice any grammatical errors I appreciate to the moon and back.💎

Hope you are happy and healthy, have a nice day!❤

Marry Christmas and a happy new  New year!🎄