𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝟬𝟵 ── 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥

listen to the song above for a soundtrack!

───── ◦'𖥸'◦ ─────

a week had passed since akaashi recorded "astronomy". he'd had loads of fun while doing it, but the one thing that bugged him — a devilish thought gnawing at the back of his mind — was how awkward the atmosphere had been when he finished talking to @musicalities. he truly wanted to meet them in person, to thank them for what they had done for him, yet they insisted on staying anonymous. in reality, it indeed was their choice: however, that didn't mean it didn't bother him.

on top of all tension between the musician and the writer, keiji also had been dealing with a tormenting headache, due to all the work the man had to do in order to keep his career going. he now had a management team, — which came along with signing the contract with himawari — but akaashi still had to do some of the marketing work and the like.

with endless meetings to decide the slightest things, (tanaka-san was indeed very meticulous) keiji had no free time whatsoever, which helped him deal with the strain regarding the situation with @musicalities: if he had no time to talk to them, he could use that as an excuse not to say he was sorry. needless to say, the work one had to put in to advertise two songs was driving the blue-eyed man crazy. he wondered how ichika did all that on her own before. well, i didn't have many songs around then. or a platform, for that matter.

to add onto that was the fame: the never-ending photoshoots for "up-and-coming artists", the long interviews that dragged on for a whole day, the text messages on his new social media accounts asking for akaashi to sing something for them. the media attention was piling up and was definitely a cause for his headache. every day was a struggle, still, what kept the man going was knowing that one day he could meet the writer in person. now, that had been taken away from him.

he decided to turn to bokuto, who was studying code and thus knew his way around computers, to help him with that issue. "hey, bokuto, do you mind doing me a favor?" he asked in the most polite way he could.

bokuto was quick to answer, glad to be able to help his friend. "yeah, man, of course. what is it?" he asked back. that being out of the way, akaashi started to explain in detail how bad he wanted to meet @musicalities, and how worse they wanted to stay away from him in all and every way possible.

he asked him if he could trace the writer's ip address to at least find out where they live, and bokuto sighed in response. "okay, i could do that. but don't you think that's overstepping boundaries a bit?" he asked, worried his friend might get himself in trouble for looking into the writer's background. keiji simply shrugged that one off, confident nothing bad would happen to him.

that being said, bokuto took akaashi's computer and began his search. his golden eyes darted to and fro while he typed away on the keyboard, keeping the "write with us" forum open in case he needed to send some message to the writer. for some a good half an hour, all keiji could hear was the click-clacking of bokuto's fingers on the keys as the black-and-gray haired man did his best to find out where akaashi's secret writer lived. some more minutes had passed, and koutarou finally got to his answer: the user lived in akita, a city far away from tokyo, where keiji was based.

suddenly, a change. koutarou widened his eyes, his eyebrows half the way into his forehead. he looked more like an owl now than ever, yet he couldn't let his friend see it. he swiftly returned to his composure, and told akaashi he hadn't found out where the writer lived. shit, the blue-eyed man muttered under his breath. bokuto lifted his hands up as if to surrender, indicating he saw his friend was pissed, yet there was nothing he could do. "look, dude, you're gonna meet them one day. i'm sure you will," he said, patting akaashi on the shoulder, trying to comfort him. akaashi's eyes weren't the only blue thing in the room now, for the musician was disappointed beyond measure.

◦'𖥸'◦

even though [y/n] and akaashi were left on weird terms after their latest talk, the writer decided to keep the forum's private chat tab open — "just in case," they would say, "he decides to say he's sorry", while knowing all too well that wouldn't happen. they sat on their desk and did some filing for the firm in advance, worried the workload would be too much to handle if they didn't. their fingers typed as fast as they possibly could, and their eyelids were slowly closing from overwhelming tiredness. still, [y/n] kept on filing and filing and filing until they could file no longer due to a stress headache. the room spun around them and their sight was foggy. the secretary placed their head in between their hands and let out an exhausted sigh. this is too much.

closing their work-related tab and moving to the forum, — hoping to see, of course, an apology from the musician — [y/n] noticed how akaashi had stayed an unhealthy amount of time online on their chat. well, [y/n] couldn't be so sure if he actually was on their chat per se, however, they felt as if he was doing something on the forum itself. still, he never tried reaching out to them: whether that would be just for a quick chat, or to actually say he was sorry. the writer laughed out loud. stop it, that's not going to happen, they thought.

well, given he'd been truly eager to meet [y/n] in person, and now he's unusually online in the chatroom yet refuses to talk to the writer... shit. [y/n] hurriedly went over all their social media, even the ones they knew akaashi couldn't trace back to them. it was in truth a speedrun of everything they had ever done in their life — deleting all pictures, changing all usernames. in reality, the writer was going the extra mile to prevent the musician from knowing where they lived, which would be the first step to finding out who they were. now, there was only one thing left to do: take a stand.

from: @musicalities

akaashi-san, i don't want you to find out where i am. please don't come here.

sent from unknown

◦'𖥸'◦

bokuto could sense akaashi knew something wasn't right, and that wasn't just for the fact the code student couldn't find out where @musicalities lived. however, he did nothing, choosing to act normal in order to prevent any other suspicions arising in his roommate's mind. koutarou knew keiji was the farthest from stupid, and would definitely notice if he tried too hard to prove he didn't, in fact, find the writer's address. hence the inordinate quietness coming from bokuto, a man who could barely keep himself steady in a spinning chair. akaashi's eyebrows furrowed and his demeanor changed from a downcast one to a questioning one.

bokuto had to say something to protect @musicalities' request. "well, that's that. oh, by the way, i'm moving in with ichika, is that okay?" good job, bokuto. go ahead and drop that bomb on him. good job. koutarou sighed on the inside.

───── ◦'𖥸'◦ ─────

a/n: heyo !! only five more chapters til the end of the book !!! how are we feeling about that? lmao i'm nervous cause i dont know if yall are gonna like the ending :sobs: anyways, how are you today? i am great !! i recently got way better from being sick (let's just say that my whole body rejected lactose for a week) ,, and i am fine enough to travel with my family tomorrow! we're gonna go to a place that has no internet, though :( that's why i updated both my oneshots book and this one today. did you like the update? if you did, please consider giving it a vote and sharing it around. i'm rlly sad that this book isn't doing as well as elementary did :( oh well. stream gerard way !!! thank u for reading, as always <3

signing off, 

— 𝖒.