𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝟬𝟳 ── 𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘮𝘺 (𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘶𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘸)

listen to the song above for a soundtrack!

───── ◦'𖥸'◦ ─────

another three days and the letter had arrived. akaashi couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the user's polished handwriting, as if from a royal. he knew they had talent for songwriting — and that stunned him to the furthest level — but the way their letters melted into each other in grace always caught him off guard. he had been used to seeing bokuto's messy grocery list on the fridge, after all.

handwriting and whatnot aside, keiji felt something different about the contents of that particular letter. something in his gut told him that the lyrics was far beyond anything he'd ever read before, and that made him more eager than ever to open the envelope. he opened the off-white piece of folded paper. as always, @musicalities had left him a note, explaining what he was about to read.

◦'𖥸'◦

hey! it's me again. nice talking to you yesterday! you indeed are really nice. how's life going? again, congratulations for the producer thing! i've never been near one, so i can't imagine how nervous you must have felt. well, i hope you like these lyrics i'm sending you today.

hugs,

@musicalities

◦'𖥸'◦

akaashi sighed, still moved by the writer's humbleness. and, indeed, he'd also been glad to chat with them the previous night. he had enjoyed their company — it was finally nice to be able to relax a little and just have a pleasant small talk. it did, although, worry him that their humility extended so far that they didn't recognize their writing as their own. keiji was afraid there would be further implications regarding copyright issues and the like. moreover, it hurt his morality that he was simply stealing from another writer, but that was a case for another day. he read further; the song was entitled "astronomy (if the stars could see us now)".

◦'𖥸'◦

let me be stardust glittering through your window

let me be your summer fling that doesn't last enough

let me be your bottle, drown your feelings and you sorrow

let me be the fire that runs deep in your veins

let's not pretend that we weren't hopeless and romantic

let's make believe that it was happily ever after

show me the stars and let me bathe in our astronomy

hold back the tears 'cause this feelings never lasts

for we are the youth and we were born to lose

hoping against hope that we'll leave this war unscathed

now tell me the truth, sing our summer blues

let the sun sink in

i'll write a tragedy and you'll recite me