𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝟬𝟰 ── 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘴

listen to the song above for a soundtrack!

───── ◦'𖥸'◦ ─────

[y/n] sat on their couch, slouching because of daily back pains that sent stinging rays of ache throughout their whole body — seemed slumping on a desk job really did take a toll on one's spine. they let out an expressive yawn, arching their whole body to relieve themself from stress pain. the headache from staring into a computer screen for too long lingered as long as it could, yet was quickly expelled from the writer's brain as they gulped down a sip of cold water with an aspirin. in the midst of all this work-related strain, the last thing [y/n] expected to receive was a message from akaashi. nevertheless, it was the first thing that popped into their screen.

from: @akaashikeiji

what did this poor dude do to you? he must have really hurt you, lmao.

sent from tokyo, japan

the writer assumed keiji was talking about the lyrics they'd sent him — after all, they were clearly directed at someone from their past. furthermore, the habit the musician had of putting a full stop after each sentence turned the already-very-cynical message into an even-more-cynical one. [y/n]'s eyes rolled to the back of their head as they typed their response.

from: @musicalities

it was my fault anyway. i broke up with this guy and he told all his friends i was an asshole.

sent from unknown

even though [y/n] tried to make light of the situation, they knew the actual story was hurtful. letting a sorrowful sigh escape their lips, the writer recalled all that had happened between them and their ex-boyfriend. can i really call him an ex-boyfriend? we never really dated, anyway, they thought as they made their way to the kitchen to get themself another cup of water. staring blankly at the then bottle of vodka now filled with water, [y/n] wondered if they should take coffee instead. with all those files to sort out, it's going to be a long night. still, they went with the water, knowing full well they'd drink coffee later anyway. akaashi had sent another message, the light of the notification hurting their tired eyes.

from: @akaashikeiji

wow. i'm sorry, lol.

sent from tokyo, japan

and there he goes again, back at it with the full stops. a lighthearted chuckle was the only thing that could be heard in the writer's apartment, except for the gulps of water they took ever so often. as another sip went down [y/n]'s dry throat, they began to wonder how they had fun while chatting with akaashi. indeed, he was on the other side of the country and a complete stranger, but the writer felt as if they had gotten to know bits of him while having jolly small talks.

what troubled them the most was the duality of the life they were leading — they kept their lyrics hidden in between black notebook pages and their face behind a computer at a desk job, never really admitting either of their identities. they felt like a fake, a con in the middle of the real, never truly disclosing who they were; not to strangers or themself.

despite all their distresses, they wrote of everything: love, hate, lies, you name it. and, finally, they had found a way to showcase their then concealed words: a musician on the other side of the country was willing to take them on and present them to the public. if only tokyo wasn't so far away, i promise the city won't get in our way, they hummed, reminded of the lyrics of one of their favorite songs — "already home", by a great big world. after all, the city lights of tokyo were indeed notably distant from akita, in tohoku.

but that's how [y/n] wanted it to stay: anonymous, removed. they wanted to keep the musician far-off from his source of lyrics — which explained said lyrics being sent via mail, the profile picture being set as a landscape, and the location being unknown. i'm not worth his attention. in fact, i'm not worth anyone's attention. this time, the chosen beverage was neither coffee or water: a sip of alcohol went down the writer's system, burning their insides and filling them with newfound relief. the booze woke their fatigued eyelids up, and [y/n] was reminded of the message keiji had sent. they sent a reply.

from: @musicalities

it's fine :)

sent from unknown

with the "send" button click, came a thought. why are you doing this...? with a sigh, they went back to sorting out files.

───── ◦'𖥸'◦ ─────

a/n: sorry it took me so long to update this, but there you go !! now we can know more about [y/n]'s past, lmao. do yall know anyone who types w full stops? cause my dad does that and i think it's so funny lmfao. lol he's the best. anyways, how are u guys? i hope yall are fine. i myself am great :) im going to play volleyball for 3 hours today w my friend hehe. 

did you like the chapter? i hope u did :) if u did, pls consider giving it a vote n sharing it around !! it would mean a lot to me. as always, thank you so much for reading!

signing off, 

— 𝖒.