𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝟭𝟯 ── 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘪 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘬𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦

listen to the song above for a soundtrack!

───── ◦'𖥸'◦ ─────

[y/n] knew they would regret it. they would definitely regret it for as long as they lived, but they had to do it — even if it went against their fair reason not to. their steps took them to what felt like their ruin, doomsday creeping on the corner, inching closer and closer. although keiji apparently wasn't a man of his word, they did expect to see him host a tiny concert: just him and a tiny crowd, a tiny guitar and a tiny smile smoothing its way into his face as he saw [y/n]. no, that's unrealistic. akaashi wouldn't do that. but, if he wouldn't, then why was he so eager to meet the writer?

shaking all possible keiji-related thoughts, [y/n] walked inside the mall and past the stairs until they finally found the spot designated for a concert. as per usual, the raven-haired man's name was plastered all across the walls in huge placards. one could also see his deep blue eyes in brochures people passed around, his gaze following the writer as they darted their own eyes to and fro, expecting to see his slim figure.

only they didn't.

the one thing they saw of the musician was a close-up of his flowy hair on the big television screen, playing for a crowd of thousands. they saw him laugh at the people, his smile infecting the whole multitude as he strummed guitar chords and began to sing his songs. [y/n]'s songs. as much as the writer did not want to be known on a worldwide basis, they expected keiji to at least give hints about their participation in his success. but, of course, even that was part of the man's failure.

"yeah, it wasn't worth it anyway," the writer thought out loud as they made their way to the exit of the mall. to say they were "disappointed" would be a total euphemism, for their disgrace was far greater than that. they wanted to kick, to scream, to shout at the world how much of an asshole akaashi keiji was. the renowned musician, they thought. the one with the crown and the crowd, always adorned in gold and petals. the one with the ghostwriter behind him, but not a single thought about them in his mind. the selfish, pretentious, snobby son of a bitch. the one [y/n] trusted yet broke their heart.

opening the door to an empty house, the writer sat once again on their uncomfortable couch, its cushion creases slowly crawling under their skin and getting to them as the most cozy they'd ever get in that gelid home.

it was like being on the desk chair again, only moments ago, when all they had to bear was a heavy heart. now, tons of anvils fell atop their frail body, turning it all as gelid as their metal as they slowly but surely killed them. again, "disappointment" wasn't enough of a word to describe what they felt — no, "despair" was indeed it. nothing could make it better, and nothing — not even the chance to expose their lyrics to the world again — made the whole journey of meeting akaashi seem worth it. they wanted him to be dead to them, only to have him stick at the back of their mind like glue. nevertheless, forgetting him was necessary.

as they cried and cried and cried and cried again, [y/n] felt as if their whole world was shaking, keiji's voice barely an echo in their head. nothing and nobody could take all that pain away, all the years of hard-work and self-sacrifice wasted, all the tears behind the words, all the ache behind the beauty, all the madness and the fire. no one could make it all better, except for the one man who had ruined it all. and, as the night faded to black, worlds turned to dust, and people turned to stone, [y/n] wallowed in hurt in their dark home.

the phone buzzed.

◦'𖥸'◦

from: @akaashikeiji

sorry for the disturbance. can you meet me at the park near the mall?

sent from tokyo, japan

───── ◦'𖥸'◦ ─────

a/n: iuytrdfxcvghjuytr this is the last chapter of this book !!! special dedication goes to @KEIJIBEAN , @TSUKKIBERRI , @keijiclip , @KEIJIGLOW , and @KEIJIL0VE !! figured y'all would like this one, hehehe :) thank you so so much for reading this book, and thank you even more for putting up with my weird updating schedule (if i ever had one lmao). the love you guys have shown for this story is unbelievable. i will thank y'all properly on another chapter, but for real: thank you so so so so so much. i love you guys <3

signing off, 

— 𝖒.