Chapter 2: The Common Room

Lotus made her way to the doctor's office down a hallway on the same level as the one she left. She slowly opened the door and slowly shut it. 

"Good morning. Anything specifically wrong today or just a general check up?" the doctor asked. Her face wasn't visible to Lotus, but she saw the doctor had blonde hair similar to the boy she saw earlier. 

"I was told to come her to make sure I am at my best," Lotus answered, "I want to be my best."

"Yes, of course you do," the doctor turned around to face Lotus. "We all want to be our best." The doctor had her blonde curly hair in a ponytail that rested on her left shoulder. Her blue shirt went with her white doctor's coat and black slacks. Lotus looked up slightly in order to obtain eye contact with the doctor. Her emerald green eyes reminded Lotus of something familiar. "Have a seat, dear." 

Lotus sat on an examination table covered in paper and stared at the doctor. As the doctor started to check for her heartbeat and test for slow reflexes, Lotus asked, "Is there something wrong with me?"

The doctor looked at Lotus. "Not at all. Why? Is something bothering you?" The doctor stood up and placed her hands gracefully on top of each other in front of herself. 

"The color of your eyes seem to remind me of something, but I am unable to remember. Could I not be at my best?"

The doctor's eyes went from calm to slight panic as she answered. "You are at your best. My green eyes may have reminded you of your bonsai tree you have downstairs. Today you are going to take care of it."

Lotus became happy. "I love my bonsai tree. May I go now?"

"If you'd like," the doctor answered as she smiled. 

Lotus began her way to the door when the doctor called after her. 

"Lotus." The doctor grabbed a sucker from a cup on her desk and gave it to Lotus. "For being such a good patient."

Lotus took it and said, "Thank you, miss."

"I have told you before. Call me Doctor Emery." 

"Thank you, Doctor Emery." Lotus then left. 

Emery stood where she was, smiling at the door. She then started to lightly cough. Her light cough progressed into a harsher and dryer cough very quickly. It took so much of her breath that she fell to her knees and held her chest. As the coughs started to die down, Emery stood up and opened a cabinet. A prescription bottle filled with a few white pills sat on the second shelf. Emery reached for it and took one pill. She easily breathed in and out very deeply. She then slowly put the bottle back on the shelf where it was earlier. On the bottle was a label with a name. The name was not Emery nor Lotus nor any other name said in the Dollhouse. The label contained the name Champagne.

---

Lotus walked downstairs and towards a corner full of different bonsai trees in their own pots on shelves. Lotus grabbed a tree with her name labeled on the pot and sat it on a table. She sat down and started to use small scissors to cut slightly on the edges. 

A dark skinned girl with brown and red ombre hair sat in the chair in front of Lotus with a smile. Her hair rested on her shoulders and the front part tucked neatly behind her ears. She wore a grey tank top with a single purple chevron stripe on the chest and plaid shorts with the colors purple, black, and white. A few significant features she had was a mole above her left eyebrow and eyes the color hazel. 

Lotus smiled. "Morning, Tiger Lily." 

"Morning, Lotus. How is your bonsai?"

"It is almost done. After today, it will only require maintenance."