Chapter 4: The Dining Room

Lotus stared at her art she made the day before hang on the wall with the other's. The green eyes stared back at her. Familiar, she thought. Very familiar

"Lotus?" She didn't move. She stared at the green color on the paper. Green. Such a rare eye color. "Lotus?" Such a specific eye color. "Lotus!" 

Lotus calmly turned to the person who called her. "Good morning. How are you today?"

"Better if I wasn't here," the person retorted. He was the blonde-haired boy she saw every day but never learned his name. He always seemed to be in a bad mood or just very agitated. He straightened his black tie before continuing. "I need you to follow me. You have another treatment."

Lotus smiled. "Oh good. My treatments help me to be my best."

"Yeah, yeah. Sure. Can we please get a move on? It's urgent."

The boy lead the way. Lotus followed but her thoughts went elsewhere. Nothing was ever urgent. Everyone took their time. The boy opened the door to the room that led to the big screens. "Sit there. In the chair."

The boy typed away at the keyboard while Lotus' attention went to the chair mentioned. It was positioned to allow the person in it to lay down or at least lean back. Lotus slowly approached the chair and sat in it. She stared at the ceiling. 

"Now you'll feel a slight pinch."

"What do you me-" The chair activated before Lotus could finish her question. The power from the chair went through her and before she knew it, she blacked out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chair sat up the person in the chair. The blonde boy turned to the chair to meet the person face to face. "You good?"

"What's happening? How long has it been?" The girl sat droopy eyed in the chair. She rubbed her left eye and looked at the boy in front of her with her right. 

"Not very long. Catch." The boy tossed a strangely shaped box to the girl. She caught it with her right as she brought her left back down from her eye. She looked at the box with both of her eyes.

"Again? How many times are we going to do this?"

"As many as needed."

"I didn't sign up for that."

"Technically you did. You people really need to read the fine print." The boy turned around and hit a key, which activated the screens to show what was going on outside. He turned to her, who was now in shock. "You still want to complain or-"

The girl groaned and rolled her eyes. "You're worse than him," she complained as she put on the earrings that were in the box. 

"I'll take that as a compliment," he retorted with a grin. "Get a move on, won't you? You got people to save."

A red creature flew out of the jewelry when the girl sighed. "Be quiet." She looked at the creature. "Tikki, Spots On!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feet landed on a rooftop and immediately began to dash across it. They stopped once the person they belonged to could see the giant lollipop that was on a rampage through the city. The person stared in exasperation at the monster in front of him. He ran his hair through the blonde messy hair, barely missing the black cat ears that were just as attached as his hair. "Can we please take a day off from having the Lollipop Guild come and paying us a visit?"

"Well, I can see that your puns are still the same as always." The voice made him turn around. Behind him was a girl with dark hair in pigtails, bluebell eyes, and a ladybug patterned suit and mask that hid her identity.