Chapter 9: Confessions

"Kim Seok Jin?" Arden asks.

"Yes Ma'am, I am Seokjin." He pauses for a second to clear his throat. "If it were ok with you and your husband, I would like to return to spend some time with Angel." He turns to meet Angel's shocked eyes. "Only if it is ok with you, Angel." He smiles sweetly at her. She stands speechless, mouth parted.

"We will think about it," Arden answers Jin.

"We will not! He's a grown man!" James sternly states to his wife while pointing at the young man.

"I think it will be ok, James!" She spits back. "Angel could use some friends. It will be good for her."

Jin, seeing the drama his presence caused, spoke quickly to Angel while her parents continued to argue. "Angel I will come back to see you, ok?" She still stood in the same position not knowing what to say. "Bye Angel." He winks at her before quietly slipping away without her parents even noticing. Jin has no idea where this confidence came from. Only that maybe it is because his feelings for Angel are so strong, nothing will get in his way to have her.

not even her dad

Jin's new found confidence didn't last. As soon as the front door closes, he leans his back it, sliding all the way to the floor. He sat dazed, sweaty and shaking. He could hear James and Arden continue arguing. Angel walked to her bedroom in a zombified state. She could not believe what happened.

He likes me and is coming back to see me!

She closed her bedroom door behind her and sat on her bed. She looked through the gift bag from Jin. It had a tiny hint of her favorite scent - fabric softener. In the bag was a set of Samsung earbuds - purple. It goes perfect with her new phone! Also included was a purple ink pen with her name engraved on it, a compact mirror that matches the pen design, and last was a glittery keychain with some words on it: 보라해

Angel opens and reads the enclosed card: "Dear Angel, Enjoy your special day. I hope these trinkets put a smile on your face. See you tomorrow, Jin"

Indeed, Angel had a huge toothy smile on her face while she held the card against her chest. She literally started to squeal and kick her legs due to her excitement.

Wow. Jin is very sweet and he likes me! Me, a very insignificant Freshman was noticed by the most popular Senior! I feel special... But I wonder what Jungkook will get for me.

Angel blushes as she thinks of what she really wants from Jungkook. She quickly completed her bedtime routine and waited for him to arrive.

~~~~~~

She didn't have to wait long because he was soon tapping at her window.

"Come on in."

"OK." Jungkook says and climbs in the window wearing his signature white t-shirt and tight jeans. That delightful smell of fabric softener invaded her nostrils. "Hi Angel," he says quietly.

"Hey," She says in almost a whisper. "Let's talk really quiet today. Almost silent because my parents are still awake." She stands from her bed and walks toward Jungkook with a huge smile on her face.

"OK." He says with a low whisper. He is leaning against the wall with his arms folded across his chest. He is looking all around to avoid looking directly at Angel.

She noticed his shyness. "Is something wrong?" She steps close to him. She lays her hands on his shoulders and ran them up his neck until she had both jaws cupped in her palms. Now he was forced to face her.

He closes his eyes and releases a breathy sigh, before shaking his head side to side. "No," he whispers. When he opened his eyes and finally met hers, the trouble in his features was apparent.

"Something is off. You seem nervous." She whispers. "No need to be nervous with me. I've seen you naked." She quietly chuckled.

"I knew you looked at my nudity." He raised an eyebrow and curled one side of his lips into a knowing smirk. "Angel you are a pervert."

"It seems that way doesn't it?" She smiles mischievously as she removed her hands from his face and slid them around his waist as if it were the most natural thing to do. "Let's chat." She grabs Jungkook's hand and leads him to sit on her bed.

They sat next to each other on the side of the bed. He was suddenly having trouble conversing. He leaned back propping himself up on his elbows behind him. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back to get his bangs from his face. He took a deep breath before speaking. "I-I have a gift for you."

She didn't hear him because her mind was occupied with the physique that sat beside her.

Thighs. Thick Thighs. Thighs looking thicker because they are spread out a bit from sitting down. Why does his white t-shirt lay on him in such a way that the thinness of his waist is so, so eye catching? Same as earlier today, the thin fabric on his shirt makes the 'stiff buttons' that sit on his pectorals perceptible - revealing that he is cold again. His head leaning back emphasizes how his Adam's apple moves as he speaks. The sharpness of his jaw, his closed eyes, his moving lips - all these things are killing me softly.

A finger-pluck on her forehead woke her from her daze. "Ouch! What was that for?" She whisper-yells.

"You aren't listening. Again." His irritation is evident, as he stands from her bed crossing his arms in front of his chest. "This time you are actually drooling!" His voice is raised.

"Shhh! My parents might hear you!" She stands in front of him, whispering, "we really need to be quiet."

He exhales deeply, closing his eyes. She could see that he was extremely annoyed because she was so easily pulled into a daydream... again. She didn't even hear his confession.

His carefully worded, eloquently spoken confession... was never heard.