Chapter 1: Jump!

"JUMP!"

A young man stands on the hospital roof. With his arms crossed over his chest, he urges Angel to jump from the roof.

To commit suicide.

His lips curve into a confident smirk, one eyebrow raises; he is satisfied with his deeds. He taunts her, "No one wants you! Just freaking kill yourself Angel and save us all some grief!"

Tears that look like large raindrops during the summer rain begin to fall down her cheeks. His words shred her heart to pieces the way a bear claw tears its victim apart.

"No, leave me alone!" Her broken voice croaks out as she turns to face him with her last bit of courage.

Menacingly, he takes a few steps toward her in order to invade her personal space. She takes a few steps back to avoid the close contact. His eyes were focused only on her own. He never broke his laser like gaze, burning holes into her soul. He didn't even blink. Her eyes went anywhere and everywhere to avoid those doe eyes. They are alluring, in stark contrast to the repulsive mind behind them. She looks at his white t-shirt, how his thighs filled his tight black jeans, his timberland boots, his earrings partially covered with his wild dark curls, but not directly into his glaring eyes. She was afraid. He sensed her fear.

"You're stupid." He says in a mean tone and steps forward.

"Please don't say that," her words come out as a whisper. She takes a step back.

"You're a mistake." He steps toward her again, except now their bodies touch. Her body stiffens when she realizes that she cannot move anymore because her back is now against the railing.

Stop it.

He leans down to whisper in her ear, "You're worthless." Then he backs away from her body.

He is wrong....

No, he is right... I am worthless. I am crazy, useless, and trash.

"Get it over with already." He mocks her and shoos her away as if she were nothing. His cruelty has finally gotten to her.

Alright. I will jump.

Face stained with tears; she finally gives in. She nods to him before climbing onto the railing. The night air blew through her light brown shoulder length hair, sending her wavy locks in a thousand directions. The wind is chilly yet refreshing as it blows her thin hospital gown, giving her goosebumps. She takes a deep breath while mentally preparing for the jump to her death.

He impatiently taps his right foot. "Urgh. Whatever, I am wasting too much time on someone not worth it." He walks away into the darkness, frustrated.

She could not see where exactly he went because her eyes were already closed. Her arms stretched out at her sides to stay balanced on the railing.

He is right. I am just a person no one needs. I can do this. On three...

One,

Two,

"STOP!" "Don't do this." She hears a familiar male voice. "Come down from there." Her breath hitches when feels warm arms holding onto her waist from behind. Another man easily pulls her body backwards off the railing toward the roof. The momentum makes him fall on top of her, face to face.

He looks down into her light-colored eyes that are slightly illuminated by the city lights. His eyes are pleading with her to live - To live for him.

"Jin?" She whispers. He nods with a relieved sigh. She can feel his hard and fast heartbeat against her torso. His deep exhalation tickles her nose and makes her lashes flutter.

"Please Angel. Never do that again, OK?" She closes her eyes tightly and nods vigorously, "OK, I won't. I'm sorry." Still laying in the same position, she covers her face with her hands. She sobs. Jin holds her tight to calm her wails and shaking. Jin eventually rolls off Angel and both rise and sit with legs crossed, next to each other. Jin grabs Angel's hands and lightly massages her fingers out of habit. He subconsciously knows what to do to put her at ease.

He lifts his head and stares up at the sky. He sighs, eventually he asks the dreaded question.

"Was it Jungkook again?"

Her head drops. Her eyes land onto their intertwined fingers. "Y- yes." She confirms Jin's fears.

Jungkook is back.

Jungkook. The person that Jin hates. The person who hurts Angel whenever he appears in her life. The person that she cannot seem to let go no matter what he does.

Jungkook – her first love.

~~~~~~~

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!

Jin calmed down Angel  by rubbing her fingers. BTS's song Butterfly is calming for me. 

What calms you?

If you like my story so far, may I have your vote? It would be wonderful.