Chapter 24: Visitors

Jin stays at the hospital for several hours waiting for Angel to wake up. Eventually her eyes shoot open wide. She's a bit confused. She sees Jin at her side.

He smiles excitedly.

She frowns in disappointment.

She attempts to fake smile but it's too late, he notices it anyway. "Jin," Angel takes a deep breath. "You shouldn't have come." She could not look at him directly, so she turned away. Her eyes would not meet his due to guilt toward him. She feels guilty because Jin is always by her side while she can only think of Jungkook.

"Why not?" He speaks softly and holds onto her chin turning her face in his direction to force her to look at him. "I want to come see you. You know I understand about Jungkook, right?" He sighs and her breath hitches due to being surprised by his words. She shakes her head "no".

He continues, "I know he is number one in your mind. I also know that he is not real." Angel scowled at this, dissatisfied with his words. He notices but keeps speaking anyway.

"I don't mind being second place in your noggin." He knocks on the top of her head a few times. "The second-place person is the real life first-place. I am your real life first prize." He ruffles her hair a few times before handing her one of the hotdogs.

As much as she loves hotdogs. She just sat looking down at it in her hands. "I'm not hungry." She gives Jin the hotdog and sighed heavily. She lays back down and pulls her blanket up to her shoulders. "Can you leave, JIn?" She turns away from him again and curls into a ball. He leaned over her then used his middle and ring fingers to move some hair from her face. She cringed at his touch. With a quick inhale, he jerked his hand away from her. He had to say his peace.

"Angel, enough is enough. Why do you treat me this way? You treat a 'pretend' guy like he is gold." He realizes now. No matter what he did, he would never be enough to satisfy Angel. He leaves without saying goodbye.

He is hurt. Again, she has broken his heart. Will he return?

Probably, because he wants to be near her. He loves her. Even if she only wants to use him for the rest of his life, he would be ok with that.

--------------------------------

The next morning:

"Hi," says a melodic voice.

"Hi."

"Hi." The person repeats a few more times.

The owner of that voice reached up and lightly shook Angel's shoulder to wake her up from her slumber deep. When she opened her eyes, before her was a little boy.

"Good morning little fella." Angel groggily moaned out as she stretched her arms and legs. She rolled onto her side to get a better look at him. He was no more than 5 years old. He has ebony colored hair. He has the most beautiful dark brown eyes she has ever seen. They almost looked black, and they sparkled. Even Jungkook's doe eyes don't compare to this little boy.

"What are you doing here?" She yawned loudly, which caused the little boy to giggle. He had the cutest smile with one missing tooth in the front. He had one dimple on the right side of his face, along with a button nose and full pink lips. As he laughed at Angel's yawn his big round eyes disappeared into little slits.

"Hi." The boy says again and displays his huge grin, which causes Angel to reciprocate with her own big smile.

Angel sits up on the side of her bed, beaming at the little boy's cuteness. "Hi. Who are you?" she inquires.

"My name is Junho. But my mommy calls me Jun-Jun." He says dramatically, using his thumb to point to himself.

"Why are you in my room... uh... Jun-Jun?"