Chapter 17: Lost...

"Let's get out of here."
He smirks then she smiles large like a Cheshire cat.

She doesn't need to be enticed. "Sure!" She agrees without hesitation. "SOOO how are we gonna do this?"

"We are just going to walk out right in front of everyone."

"Huh?"

"First change into your street clothes. I will gather all of your things and put them in this bag." He just noticed the bag on the bedside table. "Now we just have to be confident, so no one suspects you're a patient."

When they were ready, they quietly left her room and walked out of the hospital as if they were just visitors. No one noticed them leaving. They waltz out of there with smoothness, thanks to Jungkook.

Outside, running away into the night gave Angel a rush of adrenaline that she never expected. It gave her life- the life she was missing for these 16 years.

She did so many things that night, such as skipping rocks at the park and sneaking into the movie theater but getting caught by the workers and escaping out into the night.

"Ah, Jungkook." She says out of breath from running. "That was so exciting." She bends over with her hand on her side, trying to catch her breath.

"Yeah, I know." A rumbling noise is heard by them both. "Are you hungry Angel?"

"Yeah, I have worked up an appetite." She smiles then frowns when she realizes something. "I don't have any money."

Me either." Jungkook shrugs. "Let's get something anyway."

"Huh?"

"From the convenience store." He says pointing to a 7-11.

"Oh, I see."

They both walk into the store. Angel asks the clerk for prices on soda while Jungkook eyes the hot dogs.

When she sees Jungkook's interest, "I would like a few of those too." Angel requests.

The clerk rings up and bags the food items. "That will be $7.57." As the cash drawer opens, distracting the clerk, they grab the food and sprint out of the store into the woods.

Back at their skinny-dipping spot, they sit and eat the stolen hotdogs, which were delicious to Angel, but not to Jungkook. "Here, have mine too."

"Really? Wow, this horrible day turned into a great night." She smiles and holds Jungkook's hand. "Thank you."

---------------

Detective Hoseok Jung sits, continually tapping his pen on his desk while he focuses. Pictures of the condition of the Rivera's home was spread all around the desk. He was so deep in thought that he didn't realize that the Police Captain was standing beside his desk.

Captain Yoongi Min stood there looking down at Hoseok while tapping his foot waiting for him to notice. When he was tired of waiting, he cleared his throat for Hoseok's attention. "Ahem..."

A startled Hoseok jumps a little when he finally realizes him standing there. "Hi Captain Yoongi, how can I help you?"

"Detective Jung!" Yoongi says loudly and authoritatively. He only calls him by his last name when he is unhappy. Otherwise, he would have called him Detective Hoseok. "Why are you STILL working the Angel Rivera case when I told you to close it?"

"Captain Yoongi, something doesn't feel right about this case. There is something going on with that family and I need to find out what it is."

Annoyed with Hoseok's determination, Yoongi raises his voice louder than before. "Listen boi, I want you to let this one go. There is no crime here. It's just some mental teen who tried to commit suicide! Nothing. More."

"Y-yes, Captain Yoongi." Hoseok stutters. "I will wrap this up then." Defeated, he lets out a disappointed breath and begins cleaning off his desk.

"Detective! Captain Yoongi!" They both turn to see a deputy power walking their way. "The girl!" He says almost out of breath, "the one that tried to kill herself, has gone missing!"

"Impossible," says the Captain folding his arms across his chest.

"But they had her tied up in restraints to keep her from hurting herself again," Hoseok retorts.

"Well, she broke out of her restraints and is gone." The deputy shrugs before turning to walk away.

"Wait!" Hoseok holds his hand up in a stop motion, then the deputy turns back to look at him. "I want the CCTV footage from the hospital and the nearby streets. I need to see what she is up to."

"On it."

Hoseok studies the pictures of Angel's body - which is evidence. "There is something wrong in that household. Very wrong." Hoseok mumbles as he scatters the pictures on his desk.

She was bleeding from her suicide attempt, but she was bruised everywhere - some old some new. This means her parents had been beating her mercilessly all along. She was recently sexually assaulted - brutally.

The whole room was a mess. It literally looked like it was hit by a tornado.

The girl was locked in the room. Were they keeping her prisoner in her own home?

"I need to find out what is going on." His mumbling continues.

Still watching Hoseok mumble, Yoongi says "Alright, let's bring the parents in for questioning."

"Captain Yoongi, I would like to wait until we find Angel before letting the Rivera's know that we suspect them.

"Alright Detective, since you are busy with this, I will contact her parents to at least let them know that Angel is missing and that we are working on it.

"Thank you, captain."

"No problem Detective Jung. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work." Yoongi says as he rushes to his office, shuts and locks the door behind him. He lied. He only praised him to pacify him for a while. The truth is that he doesn't want Hoseok to investigate Angel's parents, James and Arden Rivera.

---------------------------------

WELCOME YOONGI TO THE STORY!

----------------------------

Do you have a 7-11 convenience store in your country?

Vote and comment! Love ya!

:)