➳ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦

IF SOMEONE HAD TOLD KIDA THAT SHE WOULD BE ON BOARD A FIRE NAVY SHIP, WEARING A FIRE NATION UNIFORM, SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD THEM TO FUCK OFF.

Truly, ever since Ba Sing Se, the entire world feels out of balance.

»»---------------------►

WEEK ONE.

"We can't fight them all," Katara states sadly. Katara, normally the voice of hope, changed ever since Aang almost died. She, along with Sokka, Toph, Hakoda, Bato, and Kida, look past Chameleon Bay and out to the sea. What had previously been their safe haven from the events of Ba Sing Se would soon be overrun with Fire Nation soldiers. "It's four to one."

Kida considers their options. None look great. This can't be the end, she thinks. Not after Aang sacrificed himself to save the world. They need to keep fighting for it while he's asleep; but sometimes fighting might not be the answer. "Maybe we don't have to," Kida realizes.

"What do you mean, Kida?" Hakoda asks.

"If we can't beat them, we join them," She declares.

"Are you suggesting we switch sides?" Bato questions.

Sokka scoffs. "I knew it was a bad idea bringing you back on the team."

"I don't mean literally," Kida clarifies. "If we take over one of their boats, it would make for easier travel. No one would bother us if we're disguised as the Fire Nation army."

"So your plan is to make us seem like Fire Nation soldiers?" Sokka scoffs. "I guess that way, you'd feel more at home."

"Sokka," Hakoda interrupts. "I think we should listen to what Kida has to say." He gives a supportive nod to Kida before she continues.

"I suggest we destroy the Water Tribe fleet," Kida explains. "That will make it seem as though there was a battle with no survivors. When the Fire Nation comes to survey the damage, they would probably only use one boat and they'll have their guard down. Then, we ambush them, steal their ship, and sail away."

"Without those Water Tribe boats, we would just be vulnerable to more attacks, especially if your plan doesn't work," Sokka argues. Part of Kida thinks that he realizes that her plan isn't half bad, but he's just too stubborn to agree with anything she has to say, which makes the situation all the more frustrating.

"Well, right now, we're also vulnerable to a Fire Nation attack," Kida reasons. She tries not to raise her voice, but forgets that is practically impossible with the way that Sokka gets under her skin. "Look, if you." She looks pointedly at Sokka. "Have a better plan, then I'm happy to hear it. And if not....then I don't see what other choice we have."

»»---------------------►

WEEK TWO.

"No," Sokka declares. "I'm not working on this plan with her, of all people." He stands at the head of the table, the map of the invasion plan spread out. Sokka glares at Kida, who stands at the other end of the room.

She glares back, her arms crossed. "I don't want to brag, but it was my idea to steal this ship, and it paid off," Kida points out. "You know I can help."

"No way. Not a chance. I'm not working on this plan if you're working on it too."

"Then you won't be working on this plan at all," Hakoda states firmly.

Both Kida and Sokka look at Hakoda, confused.

"Dad —"

"Son," Hakoda interrupts. "Kida has proven herself a brave warrior. We need her help. If you can't accept that, you're not welcome here at this time."