➳ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘢𝘯𝘨

AANG,

By the time you read this, I'll probably be gone. The Chief is sending some troops out to help the South Pole, so I'm going to ride with one of the ships until we reach the Earth Kingdom. I don't know where exactly, but that's not important right now. I don't want you to worry about me. I'll survive. Somehow, I always do.

I've never been good at goodbyes, though. Usually, I just leave without saying anything, but this time felt different. I honestly didn't see things with Sokka getting better any time soon, if ever. Since it's my fault things between us fell apart, I figured it made more sense for me to be the one who leaves. You guys were a family long before I came into the picture, anyways.

I'm really, really sorry that I didn't tell you who I am, or why I really joined the team. I felt burdened by the past and what I thought my destiny was, but I realize that I was wrong to not tell you the truth.

In the months since we've met, I've come to know you as someone sweet, compassionate, strong and goofy. You helped remind me that there is some good in the world and, for the first time in years, I felt like I could have fun, like I could be a kid again. I really needed someone like you in my life, so thank you.

You have a long journey ahead of you and it won't be easy, but you can do it. Sokka and Katara will be there to support you along the way, too.

Go save the world, kid, but don't let it change who you are, because who you are is already pretty great.

And good luck with everything. Maybe next time we meet, you'll be a better firebender than me. (Sorry, that was a bad joke. Like I said, I'm not good at goodbyes.)

Goodbye. I'll miss you.

- K

P.S. Please tell Katara I'm sorry too, and tell Sokka...I don't know. Maybe say bye to Appa and Momo for me. Let Sokka know....nevermind.

I'll miss all of you.

author's note ! the other font looked better on my laptop but i could barely read it on mobile so i changed it...thanks for reading and for all your lovely comments :)