Chapter 10

Liz

It is now currently January 17th, 2012, five years since my dad died.

I put on a white dress, his favorite one. I put my hair up in the way he loved, and put on the last pair of jewelry he had bought me.

El wore the dress she'd worn to his yearly memorial the year before.

We put on our black heels before finding Bren putting a little suit on Max.

"We good to go?", I asked.

"Yeah, lemme just put on my shoes.", Bren replied.

I picked up Max and we went to the car.

We got in and started driving to the cemetery.

We arrived at the cemetery a few minutes later and we signed in to get inside the actual grave places.

We found my dad's.

Ethan Oliver Anderson
a loving husband, father, brother, and grandson.
December 23rd 1967- January 17th 2007

Kids: Eleanor Marie, Elizabeth Juliet, Emily Carolina and Elias Alexander- Michael Anderson.

"Can I have a moment?", I asked.

"We'll be waiting in the car.", Bren replied, putting his arm around El as they walked away with Max.

It was just me and my dad's grave now.

"Hey dad, remember me? I have a lot to catch you up on. You have a grandson now. His name is Max Oliver. I gave him your middle name in memory of you. I'm also getting married, can you believe that? I wish you could be here, but I know you're watching over us and you'll be there in spirit. I miss you and love you, Dad, until next time.", I whispered.

I started tearing up as I exited the cemetery.

Once I got back in the car, Bren came out and went to go talk to my dad, I suppose.

Bren

I got out of the car to go talk to Liz's dad.

"Hi Mr. Anderson, I'm Brendon Urie, lead singer of Panic! At The Disco, owner of Urielectric Studios and Liz's soon to be husband. She talks about you all the time, and how my dad resembles you so much. Your kids talk so greatly about you, and I hope I can be even half the dad you were to your grandson, and I promise to do the best by Liz and to keep her safe. I really hope you're proud of her, I know I am. Rest in peace."

We got back in the car and went home.

Liz put on one of my band T-shirts and some champion sweatpants.

She cuddled into my shoulder.

"I miss him a lot Bren.", she whispered.

"I know baby, I know.", I replied.

She eventually fell asleep and so did I.