The Resistance Camp

Y/N felt a slight smile forming on his lips when the familiar view of abandoned ruined city appeared in his and A2's view. If he was honest with himself, he would never except himself to become happy at the view of it, after all of the not so friendly encounters with the machines he had in there since his awakening, but he has proven himself to be wrong.

The city ruins may have not been the safest place he has been to in his entire life. In fact it was one the most dangeros ones for all obvious reasons, but he preferred to be in there than in the forest, after the time he had spend in the forest along with A2. He was in the forest for such a short amount of time compared to the time he had spend in the city ruins, but it was still enough for him to determine which place was safer. Plus, sleeping in a room in some abandoned building was much better and less risky than sleeping in a cave somewhere in the forest, right?

The bridge that he recognized as the very same bridge he and A2 used earlier that day to get to the commercial facility on the other side of it was the first thing he and A2 spotted upon entering the city ruins again. He was quite suprised to see it so early. He scratched his head as his small smile faded from his lips and was replaced with a look of suprise, because it was when he realized how close they were to Pascal's village without even realizing it.

His and A2's attention was quickly shifted to something else, though. They had the other, more important matters they had to care of. They had to bring the fuel filter which Pascal had given them, before they left his camp to the Resistance. This matter sparked a small discussion between them once Y/N brought it up as A2 voiced how relucant she was about having to go to said camp.

After Y/N spent the next few minutes on trying to convince her to take him to the Resistance camp, A2 reluctantly agreed take him to it. Y/N was gladenned once she told him she'll lead him to the Resistance camp, because he wanted to bring the fuel filter from Pascal to this Anemone. He felt like he owned it to Pascal. If it wasn't for the friendly machine, they would probably be still searching for a way out of the forest.

There was one condition they agreed upon, though. A2 will take Y/N to the camp, but won't enter it with him. She'll be waiting for him outside it. Y/N agreed on this condition, but he couldn't help but wonder why A2 was so relucant about entering the Resistance camp. Perharps it had something to do with her being a YoRHa deserter. He wasn't exactly sure.

His android companion began leading him towards the Resistance camp shorty after they came to this agreement. The long haired android walked ahead of him. One of her blades was held tightly in her grip in case of the machine attack as her human ward walked about a mater behind her, ready to back away at any second in case of the possible attack.

The road to Anemone's camp was uneventful for the first several minutes. It changed when a group of machines jumped out of the corner between the two buildings and ambushed them. Already knowing how to react to such a thing happening, Y/N backed away from the fight and let A2 do her work. He wasn't worried about her, because she has proven herself to a capable warrior against those machines many times to him. He wasn't worried about himself getting harmed during this fight either, because he trusted A2 on keeping him safe.

A2 let out an annoyed sigh in front of him as she cut through the last machine from the group that ambushed them, making it blow up into smithereens, leaving the path clear for them, for now, "...Those fucking machines."

"They just can't leave us alone even for a second, huh?" Y/N stated, losing the count of how many times they were ambushed by the machines since his awakening.

A2 pushed herself into walk forward herself, glancing over her shoulder at her human ward, "Let's go. We have still have some walking ahead of us."