First Day

Y/N continued to follow A2 through the city for a while now. He had no idea how much time has actually passed since she saved him from that machine that was going to attack him, because the only device on which he could check it was still not working. The sun wasn't helping either. He still felt as if it still was the same time of the day.

He tried to start a talk with his new traveling companion a few times, but their talks never really lasted that long because her answers were always short and complete. She certainly wasn't a talkive person, or android in this case. He was still having hard time believing that A2 was an android. He saw a few androids in his life, mostly on the internet, but they were still far away from being on the same level as A2 was.

They came across a lot of machines during their little walk through the city, which of course attacked them without hesitation the moment they set their eyes on them, especially on him, but they weren't much of a trouble for them, because A2 easily took all of them out with her blades. Y/N could only imagine how hard it would be for him to move around this town if he wasn't with her at this moment.

He rubbed his eyelids, feeling how he was becoming more tired. He looked up and saw the sun which was still on the sky, shining brightly. He placed his hand on his throat, feeling it drying up. He reached into his backpack and pulled his canteen out. He took a small sip, knowing that it was his only source of water for now and that he had to save it, especially that he drank over a half of it now.

"For how long were we walking?" He asked his android companion right after taking a sip.

A2's answer was quick, as she proceeded to walk forward, "A few hours, maybe."

"A few hours?" Y/N asked, "I still feel like it's the same time of the day."

"What do you mean by that?" A2 asked him, wanting to know if he meant what she thought he meant.

"Haven't you noticed it?" Y/N asked her in return, pointing his index finger upwards at the sun, only to lower it a second later, "That the sun is still shining as if it was the same time of the day, even though it definitely isn't if a few hours passed?"

"You don't know that?" A2 asked him another queston in response, not even turning to look at him, "Sun remains on the sky for the entire time, even during the night times."

It took several seconds for Y/N's brain to register ths information, "...What?"

A2 looked over her shoulder and shook her head at him with a sigh leaving her mouth, "You really are clueless, aren't you?"

"I can't really blame myself for that, you know?" Y/N rolled his eyes at her comment, "I just woke up a few hours in a place that I have now knowledge of. I think that I may be allowed to not know anything about this place."

She didn't respond to his words. She continued to walk forward as Y/N placed his canteen back in his backpack. He pushed himself into walk again and increased his speed a bit to catch up to her. He went back to his normal pace when he made his way over to her, now walking right next to her. The two of them just walked through the town for the next few minutes in completel silence which was broken when they heard something moving in their direction.

A2 held her hand out to Y/N, signaling him to stop as her blade instantly appeared in her grasp. She turned in the direction of the sound, readying herself to take out another machines, but it wasn't a machine. A huge boar ran right in front of them, as her and Y/N's gaze followed the animal, only to see it join a few other boars in the distance. The human made sure to eye all of the boars carefully, not recalling seeing a boar this huge before.

Watching all of these boards made him realize that he hasn't eaten anything since his awakening. He bit his lips, placing his hand on his stomach, "Uh, A2."