⋆ FOUR ⋆

November 9th 2019

It was very rare to be sat in a stadium that held twenty-one thousand and be able to hear every movement. The silence was entrancing, pulling Maisie into a void that lulled her into an anxiety-ridden mindset.

The last two rounds had gone in Logan's favour, however, she doubted it would be enough to gain the win. After the tragic first three rounds and his misfortunate fourth round, he needed to make a comeback.

"He's done it!" Mike had screamed, along with Shannon and many others as the sixth, the final, round had finished. Both fighters retreating to their corners.

But Maisie wasn't too sure.

From what she had seen KSI had dominated the first three rounds, even knocking Logan down despite it not being counted. Even if Logan did get more points for the later rounds, those minus two points were going to stiff him.

"He has to win!" He shouted again as Jake jumped into the ring as well as the rest of Logan's team, the opposition team as well.

There was a certain look in Logan's eyes; Maisie wasn't too sure if it was desperation or acceptance, but she did know that nothing good could come from it.

He rested his hands against the ropes, bending down as he made eye contact with her. She offered a smile, but he didn't return it, instead, he turned to his brother, who was wearing his winning belt already.

"He doesn't look too good" Ray pointed out, gulping as the two neared each other, camera in each of their faces as the judges finished their discussions.

Maisie couldn't bring herself to speak, too involved in the environment she was in to focus on stringing a sentence together.

"We go to the scorecards" the referee started, his voice capturing every ear in the arena, "Zachary Young scores the contest fifty-six, fifty-five he has it for Logan Paul" applaud broke out around her as people began to cheer, Shannon's hand raised to the air. A ray of hope coming to Logan's face, but nervousness still clear.

Maisie joined them, clapping in hope for her friend, knowing how much this meant to him.

"Patrick Russell scores it fifty-seven, fifty-four," he started again, stopping the sound immediately, "he scores it for KSI" the cheering started again.

Maisie glanced through the ring, seeing the blond boy and the group around him looking ecstatic, all except one who was sat down, his hands gripping his face, looking as though he was about to throw up with nerves.

"Lou Moret scores the contest" every breath in the arena was bated, nobody wanting to miss the next few words from his mouth, "fifty-six, fifty-five" Shannon raised Logan's hand in the air.

This was it, a winner would be decided in the next few seconds, one of the men in the ring would walk away the victor. Both deserved it really, she had seen how vigorous Logans training had been, and if KSI had done even half that amount then he also deserved a medal. They had both worked so hard for this that it seemed so unfair only one could walk away victorious.

"To the winner by split decision"

The seconds he paused seemed like hours.

"From the United..."

Maisie's breath caught in her throat, desperate to be let out but unwilling to miss the next word due to her own doing. She couldn't breathe, her lungs collapsing in on themselves as she refused to let air in.

"...Kingdom"

The arena erupted with cheers, Maisie had never seen anything like it. The sound was almost too much, but it was all blocked out as she looked at Logan.

His face sunken and brain obviously going a mile a minute, really not helped by the idea that those two points might have messed it all up for him, whether that was true or not she didn't know. She just knew that Logan would beat himself up over this for years to come, after all his hard work he'd have nothing to show for it.

In a way, Maisie blamed herself for the bad energy she'd put out all night. The faith she should have had in her friend had been dwindling throughout the night, her own negative mindset controlling her.

Next, her eyes went to KSI; the opposition, the victor. He had fallen to the floor, she guessed he was crying into his trainers' arms, the pure exhaustion finally getting to him.

He had entered the ring as the underdog, most people betting against him but had left with respect on his name and a new title under his belt.

Something inside Maisie swelled brighter as he stood on the ropes, his arms raised as he shouted to the crowd. However, he wasn't shouting to his side, instead to Logans ring side seats, all of the Youtubers, Celebrities and ordinary people that didn't believe he could do it. Maisie had to applaud him, and did so whilst earning a stern look from some around her. Despite him being the opposition she knew for a fact that he had worked just as hard, if not harder than Logan.

He truly deserved the win.

Lastly, her eyes flickered to him. Him being the blond-haired boy she was yet to know the name of. He was stood, fist in the air as his friends rioted, screaming their encouragement towards KSI, jumping up and shouting more.

He looked so relaxed, free to be himself whilst surrounded by his friends. Unapologetically being himself, only making Maisie smile before her mind brought her back to the presence.

Logan and KSI had met in the ring and JJ was giving a speech, ending the night on a good note. Both of them paid respects to one another, which was rather heartwarming to see the two who had butted heads for so long come together.

"It's done...I'm onto the next thing" JJ had said when asked if he would consider a rematch.

Words which would represent her next few months perfectly, she just didn't know it yet.

—————
Written: December 29th
Published: December 29th
I need to stop writing these chapters at 5am and fix my sleep schedule :/
Also, it's dead weird writing this and trying to sympathise w logan when I'm fully on JJ's side