⋆ THIRTEEN ⋆

10th November 2019

"You're insane!" The short boy she'd come to know as Chip shouted as Harry and Maisie sat down back at their table, a tray of shots in each of their hands.

"No," Freezy pointed at him from across the table, a shot already in his hand, "you're just a pussy!" clearly he had had enough to drink already.

"Drink it, lad, come on" Callux encouraged, banging his hand on the table in a rhythm, the rest of the lads joining as they all shouted 'drink' over and over again, getting faster with every beat.

"Fine!" Chip shouted, throwing his head back, making a disgusted face as he shook his head, the lads clapped and cheered at his small accomplishment.

Maisie laughed along, clapping lightly as she leaned further into the booth, Harry on her right and who she now knew as Theo on her left.

"Want one?" Harry spoke, although it wasn't a question as he had already pushed the Tequila shot into her hand, the back of his own hand already lined with salt.

"Sure" she whispered, licking the back of her hand and lining it with salt, holding her shot in the other hand and a lime in her sight.

"Three, two..." Harry licked his hand, not even finishing his countdown, Maisie's eyes widened, quickly licking her hand too and throwing the shot back before biting into the lime slice. The cruel liquid burning down her throat causing her to cough.

"Sorry, didn't know you couldn't hack it" Harry shrugged, an impish glint to his eyes.

"Who said I couldn't hack it?" Her eyebrow raised as she licked her lips, still tasting the burn on her tongue, "I could drink you under the table"

His eyes widened, mouth open as he let out a choked laugh.

"Is that a challenge?"

"Most definitely" Maisie's eyes squinted, a smirk on her lips.

He nodded slowly, looking around the club quickly, his arm raising behind her head to rest on the seat, leaning closer. Her heart fluttered.

"Okay, bet, match my drinks"

"Huh?" She furrowed her brows, not quite catching on.

"Everything one of us drinks, the other  matches, first to chunder or pass out looses" he spoke, eyes unable to focus.

"And what does the winner get?" Maisie pondered, staring back at him.

His ice-blue eyes finally settling on her chocolate ones, staring deep into her soul, whether he meant to, or was just too drunk to realise, was a mystery to her.

Truth be told Maisie didn't care what was up for grabs as long as she could be with him. It was strange to say; they'd only met that night, but there had been such a raw connection that it didn't matter. A fiver could be on offer, but as long as she could spend more time in his presence it would be amazing.

"A rack" he spoke, sure of himself, however, his expression faltered as her jaw dropped.

"A grand?" She almost shouted back, "you want to bet a grand on a silly drinking game?"

"Well I was gonna offer five but reckon I need some money left in my bank account" he awkwardly chuckled, rubbing his shoulder, a tick she'd noticed in their short time together.

"No, no. A grand is sound, trust" she nodded, eyes still wide, "so what're the rules?"

"What do you mean?" He laughed, cocking his head, "I think it's pretty obvious what the rules are"

"You know...like no goes," he still looked lost, "let's say, hypothetically, I hated Sambuca, would you then not drink it out of respect for that?" She spoke carefully, slowly realising her mistake as a shit-eating grin made its way to his face.

"Who has time for respect when a grand's on the line?" He spoke, looking around at the rest of the table, who couldn't care less about their little bet.

"Good people do, Harold" she teased him, a smile breaking through the tough facade she had tried to intimidate him with.

"Fine, fine" he held up his hands, "no Sambuca" she nodded, a small smile gracing her lips in thanks, "but you never said anything about Vodka, let's go"

Harry stood from the booth, grabbing her arm and pulling her through the crowd and to the bar, leaving the rest of the table in such a hurry they hardly heard the others shouting their orders

The night was going to be interesting.

—————
Written: July 28th 2021
Published: July 28th 2021
Heyyyy...heyy.... How y'all doing...
Lol it's been a while, sorry if it gets shit from here on out :b