⋆ NINE ⋆

10th November 2019

The early hours of the morning were strange at the best of times, but it was made even weirder surrounded by people she didn't know.

Maisie had never been somebody to turn down a night out. From the early ages of sixteen, her and her friends had gotten into clubs and partied the night away, so at the legal age she wasn't turning down drinks.

Ray had abandoned Maisie long ago, basically hanging off of Cal in her drunken state, not that he looked too bothered by it.

So Maisie was left to sit alone, nursing her drink as she glanced around at the group who were going full-on to celebrate their friends' victory.

The only good thing to come of this was that Maisie had plenty of time to admire the boy from earlier in the night, somebody she was unsure on wheather she'd ever see again, he was celebrating with the rest of the group, a large bottle of champagne in his hand.

Much like Cal, and a lot of the other boys, he had changed clothes, now sporting a white t-shirt rather than the button up he had adorned during the fight.

They held up large 'W' signs, posing for photos with them and shouting 'Widemen' over and over again. It was amusing to her, seeing how excited they were compared to the silence of Logan's team back at the hotel.

"You good?" Mia kept asking her every half an hour or so, as she'd come back to the table almost like a routine.

Truth be told the brown-haired girl felt guilty. Even though Cal had been the one to invite Maisie out, he had swiftly abandoned her, leaving the girl to sit by herself.

"Yeah" She smiled the same smile she had all night, licking her lips.

This was usually the point when Mia had walked away earlier in the night, however, this time was different.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to the girls" Mia grabbed her hand, pulling her up, not giving her the choice to think about it.

Maisie had to stable her hand to stop spilling her drink as she was pulled down the steps and towards a group of girls, all laughing and drinking with large smiles on their faces. Not that it settled Maisie's mind at all.

"This is Talia, Freya and Becky" Mia pointed to each girl as she spoke, each one of them offering Maisie a large smile, although looking confused as to who she was and why she was there, which Maisie understood.

"Hi, I'm Maisie" they seemed genuinely surprised to hear her British accent, which again she understood as earlier in the night they'd probably seen her on Logan's side.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you" Becky spoke first, a slur to her Welsh accent,  matching up with the glass in her hand, "Cal invited you, right?"

Maisie nodded, turning to look at said boy. He was sat down now, Ray by his side as they spoke animatedly.

"You'd never know, though" she let out a soft laugh, smiling as the girls laughed with her.

From there it was easier, the girls calmed her nerves, made easier by all the alcohol they consumed. Soon they were sat back at the table, other people sat around them who she hardly knew. They joked, their closeness obvious in how they spoke to each other.

It baffled Ray how they were all 'actually friends' which she had made the mistake of saying a bit too loudly.

"Because Logans got yes men" a voice startled Maisie, a deepness to it that she hadn't expected, she turned to see KSI, a drink in his hand as he sat down, a smile never leaving his face.

"Speaking off, who invited the ops?" another boy started, laughing as he gestured to Maisie and Ray, "doesn't Logan need yous to wipe his eyes?" he rubbed his ginger beard as he spoke, a deep laugh coming from his throat, the glasses on his nose jumping. She recognised him as one of JJ's friends that had interviewed her earlier in the night.

The group only laughed, obviously not taking it too seriously despite not knowing why either of them were there either.

"Leave it out" Mia shook her head, giggling along with the group.

"He pays my bills," Ray shrugged, finishing her drink as she leaned into Cal's side. The group laughed again, however, Maisie stayed quiet feeling even more uncomfortable than before, knowing that Ray wasn't finished.

"And he was favoured to win"

This slowed the group's laughter until they were glancing between each other, not knowing how to take the girls tone.

"Well, he didn't, did he" JJ spoke back, a strangled laugh forced out.

"Can you blame us for picking him" she continued, ignoring Maisie's head shake.

The air went tense, glares sent their way from many people around the table as they sat in silence.

Maisie had never felt so awkward; sat at a table with a group of people who had labelled them as the opposition and Ray had just concreted their judgment.

"Ray" she spoke, licking her lips and shaking her head again, desperately trying to silence the blunt girls mouth.

"What? Look, we met tonight, did you expect us to be on your side?" She spoke again, shrugging.

In all honesty, Maisie agreed.

They surely could not have expected the girls to be on their side, however, that didn't mean Ray had to say it out loud.

The same ginger-haired boy went to open his mouth when, thankfully, he was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"He'd only gone and done it!" Niko shook JJ's shoulders, finally pulling a smile to the boys face, "Knowledge did it!" The group of boys were still celebrating, pulling other groups from around the dance floor towards the table, defusing the tension they weren't even aware of, "this has got to be the best night ever!"

"Yes" Ray spoke up again, standing to the best of her ability in the booth, "you go back to England in a few days so we're making this night count" she angled her statement to Maisie, before leaving the booth and going towards the bar, leaving the blond girl alone again.

She looked around, now spotting the boy who was also looking at her, their eyes unwavering as the group started talking again. He seemed to stare into her soul before a smile raised to his lips.

"So, you live in England?" Niko grabbed her attention away from the blond boy, sliding into Ray's seat in her absence.

"Yeah, London" she nodded, taking a sip as his eyes widened.

"No shit?" She nodded, " I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of each other, all of us" he gestured to the group, in turn causing her to look around aswell.

Once again her eyes settled on the blond boy, a smile resting on her lips.

"Hopefully"

—————
Written: 26th January 2021
Published: 26th January 2021
Long chapter bc I've been gone time