16

Roxanne was by now dressed in a black figure hugging gown with her neck adorned in a striking diamond butterfly necklace, her steely curls were tied into a smooth bun- she looked enchanting to say the least. Orion was dressed in a coordinating black suit with a diamond butterfly ring on his ring finger to match with his mate's attire. They looked like a power couple but there was something about the night which had Roxanne's stomach twist with butterflies - not the good kind, she knew something was going to happen tonight , but nevertheless, she dressed up for the sake of the ball. Orion's wolf was on edge too, he could feel his mate's distress and so he was on guard. 

Both Alpha Knox and his chosen mate had the utter desire to devour each other when they saw each other all dressed up, their wolves were going nuts at the thought of mating and being together but they had a ball to attend so both of them made out in the car whilst on their way to the birthday ball. 

When they arrived at the venue, they were greeted by several Alphas and Their Lunas. Leah and Draco were silently ogling at the Knox couple with jealousy and envy in their eyes; Draco's father silently watched his son as he glared at his former mate with a smirk on his face, he knew Draco will land in trouble tonight along with his mate but as a father, it was his duty to teach his son a lesson. 

"You know what you have to do, right?" Draco whispered to his chosen Luna who was busy glaring at her former best friend. 

Leah nodded, "I know." 

Roxanne was dancing with Orion all whilst knowing that someone was glaring at her but she paid no heed to it for she knew that it wasn't worth it, Orion was all that mattered to her. Her brother couldn't attend the ball as he had to stay back in the pack to look after some pack business. 

"Orion?" Roxanne spoke, 

"Yes, My love?" 

"I need to go to the toilet." She whispered as he twirled her around before pulling her into his chest,

"I am coming with you." He said. 

"No, there is no need, I will be fine." She assured, she knew that he did not trust Draco or Leah but this was her fight and hence, she should be the one ending this. 

Her footsteps echoed in the silent corridor as she walked towards the bathroom, 

"Roxy!" A voice called out to her, she knew who the person was.

"Roxy.." The person panted, Roxanne turned around with a frown on her face and raised her eyebrow,

"What do you want, Leah?" She asked, Leah panted heavily before saying,

"Draco is planning something, Roxy. He will murder Orion tonight, I-I came here to tell you that I have the proof of him planning, I have recording...It is in my hotel room on the first floor...c-come with me, I will give it to you.." Leah said with tears in her eyes. 

Roxanne did not trust or believe her, she knew she was lying so she decided to play along,

'First floor...' She mind linked Orion.

"Okay, Lead the way.." She spoke in monotone. 

The women made their way to the first floor and as Leah opened her hotel room door, Roxanne was pushed on to the floor inside the room. Before she could get up , she was thrown over someone's shoulder and that is when her senses kicked in, she began screaming and kicking and thrashing around in the person's arm and as the person turned around and began walking towards the bedroom she got a quick look at Leah's smug face, she sporting a sly smirk. 

'Danger, first floor' Roxanne called out to Orion. 

She was then thrown over the bed and as she looked up to find Draco whose lips were curled into a mischievous smirk which sent a chill of fear down her spine,

"What do you want?" She snarled. 

"You." He whispered evilly before jumping on her and pinned her arms above her head,

"I know you want me...." He whispered against her skin as she struggled and thrashed around, 

Just as he was about to tear her dress, the door flew off of his hinges and there stood a furious Orion. 

_____