11

Roxanne's body was engulfed in warmth when she woke up

Roxanne's body was engulfed in warmth when she woke up. Orion had his arm wrapped around her frame tightly as she sat on his lap with her head on his chest; She didn't cry much after the rejection and betrayal she had to face, her tears belayed the day after he marked Leah as his mate. She didn't cry, instead she felt numb. But seeing the blonde Barbie in the kitchen claiming to be the Luna had her chest constrict painfully, when she saw the flowers sent to her by Orion she had stormed up to him and began hitting him with her tiny fists, all her pent up anger and frustration resurfaced as she silently sobbed into his chest. Now, waking up she felt her head heavy and a runny nose but her chest felt light, it was like a weight was lifted off her chest. 

Her wolf felt happier now and was softly purring at the proximity, Orion chuckled at Roxanne who was rubbing her eyes, she looked like a little baby who just woke up from a well needed nap. 

His fingers caressed her cheeks softly as she settled her face into the crook of his neck.

'She trusts us...' His wolf yipped in his head. He let out a hum in acknowledgment. His wolf purred slightly as she inhaled his scent. Her wolf wagged her tail in her head hearing him purr. 

For a moment, she felt contented- she felt complete. She felt home in his arms, something she didn't feel with Draco despite them being mates.

They were just two heartbroken wolves, one faced rejection and brutal betrayal and the other had to watch his mate kill his Mother, both of them were nothing but lonely wolves finding solace in each other's embrace.

_______

Meanwhile in the DARK MOON PACK,

Alpha King sat down on the plush leather couch of his office, his son- the soon to be Alpha stood by the fireplace playing with the rings on his fingers, he looked stressed and drained out. The old Alpha was wise enough to decipher that Leah wasn't his real mate and maybe his son had made the rash and foolish decision to reject his one and only for the skank of a Chosen Mate. It has been three days and the pack has been in a frenzy, the Omegas were distressed under the never ending demands of their Luna and their Beta and Gamma often avoided facing his son or his mate, their distaste for the woman was quite apparent. 

Furthermore, the land dispute with Alpha Knox had him in a huge predicament, his son was falling into a never ending web of misfortune. Lunas were and still are regarded as the symbol of good health and wealth, but Leah was slowly pushing his son and the pack to its downfall. 

"Son, the land dispute may result in a war with Alpha Knox. And that piece of land is his lawfully and it holds a serious significance in his life, I suggest you let it go..." The raspy voice of the Old Alpha spoke.

"I am thinking of letting it go, father." Draco spoke sincerely.

Alpha King nodded and looked down, he wanted to ask his son about Leah not being his real mate but was hesitant at it. Draco noticed it and sighed before walking towards his father, he sat down next to him and said,

"Go ahead, Father. I know you want to ask something..."

Alpha King looked up to meet his gaze and sighed,

"Leah isn't your mate, is she?" He spoke without wasting a second.

"No she isn't. I rejected my beloved other half under her manipulation....I just learned a while ago that she had feeding me lies...I..Don't..know..." He trailed off and broke down.

Alpha King did not waste a second before embracing his son,

"I..can't even ban her and her wretch of a family from the territory, Father! She might take it to the Elders and I might lose the pack....I feel like a fool..in fact, I am a fool..." Draco cried. 

Alpha king couldn't help himself and shook his head in disappointment before asking,

"Who was your mate?" 

"Roxanne...I hurt her so much...I need to get her back..." Draco rambled.

"What did you do?" The old Alpha asked in a firm tone. And that was it, Draco accepted his wrong doings before his Alpha. His father was enraged, he felt as if he failed at being a good parent. 

"I am disappointed in you, Son. But, you won't go after Roxanne anymore. You hurt her enough, how could you be fooled? You are an Alpha for crying out aloud! You will stay mated to Leah, that is going to be your punishment and redemption." Alpha King spoke firmly. 

But little did Draco know that his Father was going to punish Leah and her family for hurting an innocent girl, but first he had to teach his son a lesson.