■EPISODE-11■

"At what point did things begin to change?"
I wondered, as I realised there was something suspicious about Prime Minister Koo.
"She knows about me? She sure does know something about me. But up to what extent? Does she.....know about the kalimba and the book too? I need to find out...."
I ran to my office to get my bag. I opened the sliding wooden doors in a hurry. There was nobody in the office at that hour. I too was about to leave, untill Tae Eul called me in. However I didn't hate the fact that there was no one in the office. I waned to get my bag really quick and get home as soon as possible. I took my bag off the knob of the drawer next to my table. I took out the car keys in my hands and unlocked my car while walking out of the office. I closed the door behind me and turned only to see Yeong standing there. That itself changed the environment completely. He was wearing a gray high neck sweater and his usual black cashmere long coat.
"Yeong...."
"Seung Ah..." We overlapped each other's words. He smiled.
"Um.....They are still playing that silly game....." He said not finding anything else to say.
"Ye....ah...." I smiled and replied. A brief awkward silence invaded the moment untill he spoke up.
"Are you heading home now?"
"Yeah..."
"I'll drop you of then." He said smiling.
Although we kind of guessed by then that we both loved each other, that was the first time he asked me something like that. For the time being, things were not going according to how I had pictured...I hated to decline his offer but my focus right then was the book.
"....Yeong, but I brought my car today..."
"It's okay, I'll drive your car....Do you realise, this is the first time I'm seeing you properly....." He said trying to look ignorant and stared into the distance. He spread his hand very consciously, which I assumed was for my hand.
This adorable yet dumb behaviour of Yeong caught me off guard. I couldn't say no. I smiled timidly. I tucked in my hair behind my ear trying to show it didn't effect much and moved my hand forward. But he looked surprised to see me raising my hand to place it on his. He raised his eyebrows and speard open his hand again, shaking it a bit to emphasise. Disappointed, I took out the keys from my pocket and gave it to him unwantingly. He smiled in amusement, took my keys and gestured with his hands for me to go ahead of him. I walked ahead towards the bridge outside my office which led to the main entrance of the palace. The whole passage of the roofed bridge was lighted with ornamental lamps, as usual. There were large smooth red pillars supporting the roof, along the sides. While he couldn't see me, I made dissatisfactory faces and murmured to myself.
"How can someone be so dumb?!"
"He's only good at his work. NOTHING else!"
"Someone teach him!"
"Really, what do I see in him!?"
I thought and sighed. I turned back to my right in anger, to see where Yeong was before. He wasn't there. I turned left, in a glimpse he matched my pace, held my hand and put both our hands in his warm pocket. I was surprised in a happy way, I looked away trying to control my laughter.
"You're not allowed to say anything about it. Took me courage to do it."
I bent my head looking at him and smiled at his words. It caused me to involuntarily roll my lips as a result of embarrassment and an attempt of controlling my laughter.

A few minutes after driving, he broke the silence again.
"What happened to the kalimba you told me about? Still learning?" He said trying to sound calm.
I on the other hand, who hadn't figured out anything about the kalimba and the book just yet, was worried to play it again.
"The kalimba works like the Manpasikjeok, Yeong." I paracticed in my mind. Somewhere, in the back of my mind I had decided to tell him all about me. Even the kalimba and the book. Althought my story was outrageous, I somehow felt he would believe me.
"Hmmmm...I'm giving it a break. It's not really my thing." I made it up.
"Oh...." He answered. It seemed like that was just a question to start a conversation. I could tell by the way it seemed like he was going to ask the actual thing after that.
"Newbie...Just remembered, I had to stop by somewhere. Do you mind? It'll will just take a second."
"Yeah sure, no problem. By the way why sometimes Seung Ah, sometimes Newbie?" I said trying to distract myself from the kalimba.
"Newbie is way more convenient." He said acting serious.
To be honest I loved the way he called me 'Newbie'. The word sounded so good to me in his deep voice.
"Whatever, 'Captain Jo'." I mocked him, emphasising on his official name. He smiled.
"Um....I've been wanting to ask, is there something you really want?"
"Being by your side everyday is enough for me, Yeong. I want to make the most of every moment spent with you. I want to live a normal, happy life like other people...with you." That's what I thought.
The long time I had spent in his time made me selfish. The more time I spent with Yeong, the more I wanted to be a part of this time. Without having to worry about the parallel worlds, time, the kalimba, the Manpasikjeok and his book...
"Nothing in particular....just....Have to think...Why?" I said after leaving aside my real thoughts.
"Nothing." He answered plainly.
Meanwhile he had parked the car outside a big compound. I thought that might be the place he wanted to visit so I naturally kept quiet. He got down and opened my door for me.
"Please get down..."
"Huh?" I looked at him confused. He gave me a hand and made me get out of the car.
"Am I going too? Why do I have to go?"