Ch 10 Section 2

At the Roadhouse...

Sam entered the Roadhouse and heads all around turned to look at him. He cleared his throat as he ignored them. Ellen was behind the bar, and looked up as he approached.

She smiled knowingly, "Sam."

"Hey, Ellen." He grinned sheepishly, "You don't seem that surprised to see me."

"Well, your sister and brother have both been calling, worried sick, looking for you.

"Yeah." Sam nodded, "Figured they might."

She studied him, "What's going on between you three?"

"So, um..." Sam ignored the question by quickly changing the subject, "How's Jo?

"Well..." Ellen nodded, "I don't really know."

"What do you mean?"

"I haven't seen her in weeks... She sends a postcard now and again."

"What happened?"

"After she worked that job with you three she decided she wanted to keep on hunting." Ellen explained, "I said 'not under my roof', and she said 'fine'."

Sam sighed with a frown, "So I'm probably the last person you want to see right now."

"Oh, don't get me wrong..." Ellen chuckled, "I wish I could blame the hell out of you three. It'd be easier. Truth is, it's not your fault. Sam, none of it is." She stared at him with emotion in her eyes, "I want you to know that I forgave your daddy a long time ago for what happened to my Bill. I just don't think he ever forgave himself."

"What did happen?"

"Um, so..." This time she changed the subject, "Why did you come here, sweetie?"

Sam sighed and gave her his best puppy dog eyes, "I need help..."

Later on...

Ash looked around furtively, "What am I looking for, Sam?"

"Other people, other psychics, like me." Sam said lowly as he too looked around cautiously, "As many as possible, and I need a nationwide search."

"But I thought there was no way to track them all down." Ellen frowned, "Not all of them had nursery fires like you did."

"Well, no, but some had to. Start there."

Soon Ash emerged from his back room with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Done..." He gave it a flourish, "And done."

Sam put his beer down, "That was fast."

"Well, apparently, that's my job." Ash took a seat next to him, "Make the monkey dance at the keyboard."

Ellen came around to them, "Just tell us what you got, Ash."

"Four folks fit the profile nationwide. Born in '83, mother died in a nursery fire, the whole shebang."

"Four?" Sam repeated, "That's it?"

"Sam Winchester from Lawrence, Kansas, Max Miller from Saginaw, Michigan, Andrew Gallagher from Guthrie, Oklahoma, and uh, another name. Scott Carey."

"What?" Sam grabbed the paper from him, "You got an address?"

"Kind of." Ash frowned, "The Arbor Hill Cemetery in Lafayette, Indiana. Plot four-eighty-six."