Ch 4 Section 2

At Angela's house...

Dean quietly entered the apartment and looked around. As he picked up a framed picture he glimpsed a figure in the reflection just before she saw him- it was the roommate, Lindsey.

"Who the hell are you?!"

Turning, she ran and shut herself in her bedroom as Dean went after her, "Wait, wait! Hold on!"

"I'm calling 9-1-1!"

"I'm Angela's cousin!"

"What?"

"Yeah, her dad sent me over to, uh, pick up her stuff... My name's Alan?" Dean offered quickly, "Alan Stanwick?"

Lindsey opened the door slowly, "Her dad didn't say that you were coming..."

"Well, I mean..." He held up a set of keys, "How else would I get the key to your place?"

He laughed reassuringly but a bit uncomfortably as well. Soon they were in the living room as they talked about Angela. Dean handed Lindsey a kleenex as she cried, looking slightly uncomfortable at the emotion.

"So... I'm sure you got a, a view of Angela that none of the family got to see." He smiled, "Tell me, what, what was she like? I mean, what was she really like?"

"She was great."

"Hmm..."

"Just great. I mean, she was so... so..."

"Great."

"Yeah." She nodded as she started sobbing again, "Yeah."

"Yeah... Here you go." Dean handed her another tissue, "You two must have been really close, huh?"

"We were." She sniffled, "But it's not just her, it's Matt."

Dean raised a brow, "Who?"

"Angela's boyfriend..."

"Right, Matt." Dean recovered quickly, "What about him?"

"He killed himself last night. He cut his own throat." She sobbed, "Who does that?"

Shock filled Dean's face, "That's... terrible."

"He was taking Angela's death pretty hard, and I guess... I mean, he'd been messed up about it for days."

"Messed up how?"

"He kept saying that he saw her everywhere."

"Well, I'm- I'm sure that that's normal..." Dean nodded, repeating Angel's words from earlier, "I mean with everything that he was going through."

"No, he said that he SAW her. As in, an acid trip or something."

Dean nodded slowly, "Were Angela and Matt a happy couple? I mean, is there any reason that Angela would be angry with him?"

"What?" Lindsey squeaked, "No, of course not, why do you ask?"

"Just asking." Dean dismissed, "Where did Matt live?"

Back at the motel...

Angel and Sam sat beside each other on one of the beds as Gremlins played on the TV. Dean walked in just then, earning their eyes, as he stopped by the door and took his jacket off.

Sam looked him over, "Where the hell have you been?"

Dean put his jacket over the TV interrupting Angel and stepping in front of it to look at her and Sam pointedly, "Working my imaginary case."