Ch 3 Section 5

Sam returned to find Gordon tied to the chair, Dean pacing as they watched each other, and Angel leaning on the wall, her gun still out, as she watched the both of them.

"Did I miss anything?"

"Nah, not much." Dean shook his head, "Lenore get out okay?"

"Yeah. All of 'em did."

"Then I guess our work here is done. How you doin', Gordy? Gotta tinkle yet?" Gordon glared at Dean, "Alright. Well, get comfy. We'll call someone in two or three days, have them come out and untie you."

Dean jammed Gordons knife into a table behind him as Angel moved from the wall, "Lets go boys. I've had enough of this."

"Not yet." Dean stopped her, then turned back to Gordon, "I guess this is goodbye. Well, it's been real." He hit Gordon, knocking him in his chair to the floor, "Okay. I'm good now. We can go."

As they exited the farmhouse, both boys winced at their recent injuries and Angel shook her head at them, "One day you two are gonna give me a stroke you know that? With the running around freeing vampires and pissing off psycho hunters I'm not sure which of you it'll be."

"We keep you on your toes." Dean smirked then stopped in front of Sam pointedly, setting himself on his feet like a boxer, "Sam? Clock me one.

Ssm looked from him to Angel who shrugged just as confused, "What?"

"Come on. I won't even hit you back. Let's go."

"No."

"Let's go, you get a freebie. Hit me, come on."

"You look like you just went twelve rounds with a block of cement, Dean. I'll take a raincheck."

"He's right, you look rough, D." Angel smirked as they continued walking to the car, "You might break something."

"I wish we never took this job." Dean frowned as he walked behind them, "It's jacked everything up."

Angel frowned, "How?"

"Think about all the hunts we went on... our whole lives... What if we killed things that didn't deserve killing, you know? I mean, the way Dad raised us..."

"Listen... Dad did the best he could with what he had..."

"Yeah..." Sam nodded, "After what happened to Mom..."

"I know he did, but the man wasn't perfect. And the way he raised us, to hate those things; and man, I hate 'em. I do. When I killed that vampire at the mill I didn't even think about it; hell, I even enjoyed it."

Sam studied him, "You didn't kill Lenore."

"No, but every instinct told me to. I was gonna kill her. I was gonna kill 'em all."

"Yeah, Dean, but you didn't. And that's what matters."

"We just... we just gotta use what we learned today and look at future cases like we looked at this one." Angel nodded, "It'll be okay."

"Yeah. Well, only 'cause you two are a pain in my ass."

Angel grinned as they got in the car, "But you love us."